Anglesey track days October 17th and 18th

Chris Wilson

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Address, postcode & mobile numbers being PM'd to all 3 of you as overkill as I make sure everyone has everything they need to get here. :)

Anyone else coming along via mine?

I'll have bacon butties at the ready for 10'ish'. ;)

Thanks for the PM Steve - will try for 10am as those butties sound nice! Please keep a couple warm for us if we're late! ;)

Looking forward to seeing you all. :)

Just got home, was a very windy day wasn't it!

The new track layout is quite interesting, I'll certainly go have a go once my Supe's back on the road. It's a shame the GP layout (was that the label they'd given it?) doesn't take in both turns and the full drop of the "Corkscrew", but I was still really impressed with the place.

Chris (& Jane) thanks for the chats and for being so patient with Daniel's never ending questions! :D

Alex - many many thanks for trusting me and for offering to let me drive your car. It was VERY tempting, but it never felt quite right driving another's car. Depriving myself the drive will encourage me to get mine back to the track ASAP anyway. The passenger laps were great anyway! :)

Mike, Simon - thanks to you both too for the passenger rides. Mike get that oil cooler ducted and Si get that fuel pump fixed, then give me a shout so I can come out for longer next time! :thumbs:

Actually, my biggest pleasure of the day was meeting Daniel again, a more charming, bright and happy kid I don't recall meeting. I am open in saying young children aren't usually my favourite people, but I met him last year at Llandow, when I was with Terry, and remember coming home and commenting to Jane about how affable, likeable and well mannered he was, and now a year later Jane sees him for herself and totally understands what I was on about :) A total credit to your wife and yourself, he'll go far!

We had a great day, weather held, car didn't croak, and we got back in only 15 minutes longer than it took at 5.00 AM this morning.

Good to see you all and meet a few new faces, Chris and Jo, thanks for the bacon butty steve and the cups of t kate they hit the spot nicely on sat morning, really enjoyed the drive up, even the rally stages lol

Really enjoyed the chinese in Holyhead as well which looked very doubtfull for a while.

Anglesey has some awsome views and the circuit looked pretty good to although it was a bit cold and windy for me but i guess its october so cant expect much more.

Sorry to leave on the quiet but i'd kind of had enough and was froze so had a solo run home along the coast rd then across the M56 and down the M6

The coast rd is also worth a drive down with some amazing views and interesting sections of rd !!

Just made it to my moms for the start of the F1 and a very nice sunday roast.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

We too had a really nice weekend away. Good to see everyone again (and meet Dunk). :)

Thanks to Steve for the bacon butties and for showing us the way there (and showing us how to drive those fun roads with the Peugeot ;)) on Saturday. It was a shame that I didn't get my car on track on Sunday but I'd also be up for a return trip to give it a go myself, but preferably in the summer when it isn't so cold and windy!

Thanks to Mike for taking me (and Chris) out - really enjoyed it :). Shame I didn't get to go out with Simon but there's always next time... ;)

Hope everyone got home OK. We managed it in four and a half hours (non-stop), which was pretty good going!

Actually, my biggest pleasure of the day was meeting Daniel again...

Wow, thanks for the kind words Chris! :) I'll show Daniel what you've said tomorrow (he's in bed now). We try to ensure he's got an understanding of right/wrong, politeness, good manners etc. His halo slips of course, but overall he's a really good lad and I'm a proud stepdad. :)

Kate's not my wife - yet. We are engaged though. :help: ;)

Hi Jo, thanks for letting me have a look at the hood scoop on the Subaru, I think I could make use of one, but which model did you say had a bigger one, I've forgotten, sorry!

:chav:

:D