The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What size tyres for stock 17" alloys?

stevie_b

Hold on, I'll have a look what the car has on it, it just happens to be parked at my neighbours ;) (Not that I know anything about this car or owner :taped:)

EDIT : Currently has 16's on it, they are staggered 8JJ and 9JJ.

Cool, saves me going to look in the garage! :D (I picked it up later this evening: dropped round to see you but you weren't in. Will catch up with you soon).

Have to say just seen this thread and im absolutely discusted at the attitude of members towards nigel, Completely unesscary to go on like this. Over tyres? everyone is entitled to their opinion lads.

In his defence, Nigel told me to try drain my oil an leave it sit for 4 hours with the bung out. I said to myself ok it'll probaly loose another 0.2 of a litre at most because I didn't believe him but yes It lost over half a litre and YES I got 5.5 litres into my N/A. So surely another 0.5 litres would be used if the car has oil lines etc to feed for turbos. His car boosts at 1.4 bar on a uk car NOT ceramic japo turbos and is very quick. He was side by side with another one of the lads off the site with a jap TT in his lightly modded (catback and induction kit) on a private stretch of road and I was behind them and they both went for it and nigel left the other car like it was sitting. So I think the Nigel bashing has to end. You might not agree with his opinion but theres no reason to go on like this.

Have to say just seen this thread and im absolutely discusted at the attitude of members towards nigel, Completely unesscary to go on like this. Over tyres? everyone is entitled to their opinion lads.

So his initial unneccessary, unprovoked, and offensive outburst was fine, yes? Just the shocked reactions to that were disgusting. Right, got you. Yes, OK.

And the usual "everyone is entitled to their own opinions" in the same sentence you are telling everyone they aren't allowed to express their own opinions. Love it.

So his initial unneccessary, unprovoked, and offensive outburst was fine, yes? Just the shocked reactions to that were disgusting. Right, got you. Yes, OK.

And the usual "everyone is entitled to their own opinions" in the same sentence you are telling everyone they aren't allowed to express their own opinions. Love it.

Theres a difference between having an opinion on something and making a fool of someone. Thats the difference.

I'm not getting into an arguement with the rest of you, but nigel gave his advice in the first post and nothing more and he was basically just talked down to basically made out to be an idiot on an open forum. If I was in his posistion I would have also reacted badly

It takes two to tango at the end of the day lads. Thats all I'm saying

Theres a difference between having an opinion on something and making a fool of someone. Thats the difference.

I'm not getting into an arguement with the rest of you, but nigel gave his advice in the first post and nothing more and he was basically just talked down to basically made out to be an idiot on an open forum. If I was in his posistion I would have also reacted badly

It takes two to tango at the end of the day lads. Thats all I'm saying

Hmmm.... not quite sure how to take this???

It was directly aimed at me I assume, Kearney, I'm sort of disappointed, we met up at Supradome and although we only chatted briefly I don't think his response was justified towards ANY member let alone me, so not really impressed by your comments either but hey ho. As most people will tell you I'm probably one of the most laid back people who just gets on with stuff.

I don't tango by the way :)

I didn't make a fool out of him, he happily did that on his own :)

Edited by JustGav (see edit history)

Hmmm.... not quite sure how to take this???

It was directly aimed at me I assume, Kearney, I'm sort of disappointed, we met up at Supradome and although we only chatted briefly I don't think his response was justified towards ANY member let alone me, so not really impressed by your comments either but hey ho. As most people will tell you I'm probably one of the most laid back people who just gets on with stuff.

I don't tango by the way :)

I didn't make a fool out of him, he happily did that on his own :)

I'm not having a go at you gav, I'm just sticking up for Nigel like at the end of the day I'm not going off topic anymore but he did only reply to the thread and give his opinion and you did basically say it was stupid and to go with the other way. It just pissed him off, ok he shouldnt of reacted as he did but its not fair to dismisses someone like that especially when they have said to me on a numerous amount of times that he feels he's just ignored on this site. Its understandable

Anyway look theres no point continuing this discussion, its gone waay off topic the thread started knows the tyre size for his car :rolleyes: