The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chargespeed Supra

markssupra

This car is a wreck. It was at the body shop where I got my car done. It was there for around 3 months while the insurance company made their decision. Time has not been kind to it. When I last saw it the front was damaged almost beyond repair. I'm sure one of the bodyshop guys said it was twisted. The engine was blown as was the gearbox. Both needed complete rebuilds. It basically needed a new bodykit and as correctly pointed out it would have required a complete respray. I think he got quoted in the region of £20+ to get everything sorted!!

Edited by mwilkinson (see edit history)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£10,800 pounds!!!! Jeez, unbelievable, I'd have said less than half that, when I saw it every bonded panel joint was cracked open and it looked a real shed. Sounds a huge amount of money for something vastly less than perfect. It will cost a fortune to make nice. These bonded on body kits always look terrible within a year or two unless done properly. Then even a minor prang will become ridiculously expensive to fix as repairs can't really be localised.

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

This car is a wreck. It was at the body shop where I got my car done. It was there for around 3 months while the insurance company made their decision. Time has not been kind to it. When I last saw it the front was damaged almost beyond repair. I'm sure one of the bodyshop guys said it was twisted. The engine was blown as was the gearbox. Both needed complete rebuilds. It basically needed a new bodykit and as correctly pointed out it would have required a complete respray. I think he got quoted in the region of £20+ to get everything sorted!!

Bit more of a wreck than it appears then, if it gets back on the road I hope the buyer gets it checked thoroughly.

yeah it was a mess. still onto the next project

It will be on ebay within a few days. That guy who won just puts them back on there with minor repairs done (make it look nicer)

I might be mistaken, but didnt that number plate "A14 GDW" used to be on the old "golden paperweight" / "dragon motorsport" supra? I remember it because it because it was in a magazine feature just as I was getting into Supras a few years ago.

Afaik it is the golden paper weight car :)

Guest cashie2000
yeah it was a mess. still onto the next project

It will be on ebay within a few days. That guy who won just puts them back on there with minor repairs done (make it look nicer)

who bought it? it said top cars but where abouts are they?