Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:thumbs: good stuff John exciting times, i might actually see this before then too with a bit of luck, do you still want the m bonnet catchs John? I can fetch them to nissan at the weekend if you want?

That's perfect Marc, thanks

Got all the ECU and wiring put back together today, so she's all ready for another outing. Just over 2 weeks to mapping and realized I've still got a few jobs to do yet.

Oil change after another few hundred mile,

Coolant change,

Wire up fuel pumps to run staged,

Fit braided line to I/C spray,

Get bottle filled with CO2,

Fix bloody annoying door speaker,

Finally I want to check shim gaps on the cams to make sure there spot on. Was meaning to recheck these a while back but didn't really get the chance.

Hopefully I'll get stuck into these on Thursday morning after training.

I feel a lot more nervous now than I did with my original build when it was dyno'd. Don't know wether there's a lot more money in it now or what? I don't know, but I'm pretty much bricking it lol.

Great John. Only 2 weeks to go now.

Very excited and nervous Luc. Just watched your bangs and pops video, I'm having some of that :)

Great result with the car 850hp will be a right hand full on that 66mm turbo. Congrats mate, it's been a long time coming.

Very excited and nervous Luc. Just watched your bangs and pops video, I'm having some of that :)

Great result with the car 850hp will be a right hand full on that 66mm turbo. Congrats mate, it's been a long time coming.

Cheers John. I bet you can't wait for those 4 figures. ;)

Truely astonishing and amazing build. Almost no words to descride the kind of effort you put into this. How many times did your wife tell you she wants to devorce? :p

Never got that far, but pretty damn close to it. Like the day Ryan remoted into my laptop to get it started was my wedding anniversary. I really suffered for that.

His wife prob loves boost more than he does...

She hates the car, and I mean HATES it. Says its too loud, too uncomfortable and far too fast. What does she know ehh !!!!

Massive step forwards in the Supra world today guys.

I'm pretty proud to have found this out actually.

I took the car to work tonight, and it began to rain, infact it's still raining now. To my amazement, Supras DO NOT MELT IN THE RAIN. I'm probably more shocked than anyone.

Guess I can drive it a lot more often now. Yippppeeeeee :D

Regarde.. Ma Signature!

Plus rain is the most economic time to drive sideways without going through expensive, wide tyres! :)

In fact, I arrived sideways into the car park at work in an MX5 today when it was wet…. :D My boss was less than happy… thankfully her boss thought it was hilarious so I got away with it!

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

Massive step forwards in the Supra world today guys.

I'm pretty proud to have found this out actually.

I took the car to work tonight, and it began to rain, infact it's still raining now. To my amazement, Supras DO NOT MELT IN THE RAIN. I'm probably more shocked than anyone.

Guess I can drive it a lot more often now. Yippppeeeeee :D

Won't that tug at the shiney strings though, mate? Getting water stains on the polished bits?

Won't that tug at the shiney strings though, mate? Getting water stains on the polished bits?

Nothing that won't clean. The main reason I lost the love was I never drove the car because of the weather. I've been in it loads now and I can't wait to get back in it when I finish work too. Everything is just coming together perfectly now.

Totally fallen in love with this car again. Everything is coming together perfectly now. It drives exactly how I want it to. Even down to the clutch. I love the feel of it, how it engages, pedal feel, everything. To the point where, if I can get some good power and it holds ok then I'm leaving it in.

I finished the staged pump wiring today and made a couple of alterations to the fuel line positions. Going to buy myself some Royal purple oil soon and some more Toyota coolant so I can get everything changed before mapping.

I'm at a show on Sunday so I'm hoping I can get a few nice snaps of the car and post them up.

Totally fallen in love with this car again. Everything is coming together perfectly now. It drives exactly how I want it to. Even down to the clutch. I love the feel of it, how it engages, pedal feel, everything. To the point where, if I can get some good power and it holds ok then I'm leaving it in.

I finished the staged pump wiring today and made a couple of alterations to the fuel line positions. Going to buy myself some Royal purple oil soon and some more Toyota coolant so I can get everything changed before mapping.

I'm at a show on Sunday so I'm hoping I can get a few nice snaps of the car and post them up.

Which clutch did you go for in the end mate? Remember you saying you hated the noise of the old one etc, and in the not to distant future ill be after a clutch that can hold decent power but also want good feel on the pedal.

Which clutch did you go for in the end mate? Remember you saying you hated the noise of the old one etc, and in the not to distant future ill be after a clutch that can hold decent power but also want good feel on the pedal.

I had Dane @DC Automotive make me a custom single disc clutch. Pedal isn't too stiff and the clutch is rated to 765 Ft/lb, so should be good for 900hp ish I'd have thought.

I had Dane @DC Automotive make me a custom single disc clutch. Pedal isn't too stiff and the clutch is rated to 765 Ft/lb, so should be good for 900hp ish I'd have thought.

Oh brilliant, that'll be exactly what I'm looking for, as not sure if I like the sound of a RPS twin or triple plate, was it ££££, if you don't mind could you PM me a price, so i can budget for it in the future, but if you don't want to mate I completely understand :)