The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back in the game!

Kirk

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when you going to pull your finger out and get this engine in?

You had a hair cut yet? :D

Yes i made sure i got that done atleast today! ;)

Will be next weekend i hope, just caught short today with my mates misses giving birth a few days earlier

Yeah its an arse when things like that happen aint it mate, so inconsiderate! :D

Bet you can't wait can you? I'm suprised it aint in and running already!

To busy with work mate and catching up with my bills i slipped behind with so thats my main concern 1st.

Wont be running till get my box in anyway and im still waiting for toyota to give me a date on the trans tunnel panel

Toyota's just a joke atm!

I done my 4 day assessment in nottingham in january and needed to do 2 courses to pass, both come through, one course was for the 16 and 17th of march the other 17th and 18th of march, one in nottingham the other in salfords! I may work wonders but I aint got a fekking cape!

So my manager cancelled one of the courses and told me i was going on the 16 to 17th course! Fine thats that sorted i thought... WRONG, turns out they've cancelled all academy courses until after april now due to this accelerator recall! :(

When i was up there for the 4 day course they said that when the results come through the courses needed to complete the license must be done in 6 months of taking the 4 day assessment or we'll have to do another 4 day assessment!

They best not try to say i've got to do another 4 day after they've cancelled them! :(

• 1 month later...

Ok bit of an update.

After having an extremely busy time since returning to work ive finaly had time to carry on with the car.

Engine is now back in

Its now pretty much all wired in and ready to fire, just need to figure out why the battery loom is different from my old one!!

Made a move on the tunnel and got that cut out ready for the new manual tunnel

Tunnel is now in

Just waiting for my ACT clutch i ordered to show up next week and then the box can go in and ready to start it up :)

I know it seems like im dragging my feet but with the mishaps before christmas with losing my job, becoming extremely ill and then getting my job back, ive had no time realy to do anything at all.

Fingers crossed it should be 100% done by next month, only thing left to show up is the exhaust.

• 3 weeks later...

Well at long last she runs, after a slight technical hitch :innocent:, she runs and runs flawlessly :)

Its taken a while and its been a stressful ride with me losing my job late last year, then going in and out of hospital to getting my job back and having no time to work on it. Just glad this project is finaly coming to an end and ill be able to use it soonish :)

I could of just bought one that worked and avoided all the hassle but wheres the fun in that :D