The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garrett GT35?

Oddball87

i agree too you cant go cheap on things like this. not sure on boost levels as long as it makes me smile i am happy lol and i no not to get work done by cowboys i have learnt off me mate lol the guy who will be doing the work for me works as a mecanhic for a racing team and i av seen the work he has done on his R34 Skyline very quick car runing about 700bhp on full boost. so whats the best internals to go for i no their is prob alot out there and a bet they aint cheap

No, standard internals. Only thing I'm changing engine wise is the vvti inlet cam (and lighter pulleys).

I'm not pushing my car to the limit on such a small turbo. I want a car that performs well on the street. The top HP figure isn't as important to me as much as the way it actually drives. Obviously I'd like a decent figure but I'd be happy with 550bhp.

I also want a car that will be reliable and last longer than 5 minutes :) It's a '98 low mileage engine that has been really well looked after so I think I can achieve that.

No, standard internals. Only thing I'm changing engine wise is the vvti inlet cam (and lighter pulleys).

I'm not pushing my car to the limit on such a small turbo. I want a car that performs well on the street. The top HP figure isn't as important to me as much as the way it actually drives. Obviously I'd like a decent figure but I'd be happy with 550bhp.

I also want a car that will be reliable and last longer than 5 minutes :) It's a '98 low mileage engine that has been really well looked after so I think I can achieve that.

:goodpost:

500-550bhp is a more realistic figure for the GT35r. It needs a lot of other mods to get more power. Wez's car is a good example of how far it can be taken without massive boost - 591bhp.

The T67dbb would be a nicer choice IMO, on a tubular manifold it spools very similar to the T61 or GT35r, but doesn't choke up at high rpm. 550bhp is acheievable with the basic "required" mods done, 600bhp or more with the whole hog done.

Oh and XS power manifold might be a problem, they are a bit of a lottery on how they are put together. The wastegates seem to work okay but do get stuck. TBH, I wouldn't use one again, it's far more cost effective to get a proper off the shelf kit from the likes of BL, HKS, etc

Still, will be very intrested to see how Jsy_guy (sp) gets on with his - If he has indeed got the 6262.

Guess the cats out the bag now :innocent:

Yes the Precision 6262 is at AFR as we speak. Im using a Boostlogic manifold with their 3" down pipe & 3" midpipe, sard 650cc drop in injectors, michel lane uprated autobox, HKS 264 cams, EMU & a Chris Wilson SMIC.

I will report back as soon soon as it's running :eyebrows:

Yes the Precision 6262 is at AFR as we speak. Im using a Boostlogic manifold with their 3" down pipe & 3" midpipe, sard 650cc drop in injectors, michel lane uprated autobox, HKS 264 cams, EMU & a Chris Wilson SMIC.

Looking forward to the results of this :thumbs:

Good stuff.

Very much looking forward to your results.

This is the Turbo i was going to go for. Glad your the test subject before i make my choice..:D

Goodluck mate.