The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what ever happened to "GAMER"

michel lane

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks bradleyh, most of the car was salvaged and rebuilt into a new shell. Just have not done anything with it since the rebuild.

Sorry to be nosey, but what needs doing to it to finish? Last time I recall it being more or less complete. Wouldn't it be worthwhile (and a heck of a lot easier time wise) getting someone like Michel, AFR, etc to finish it and get Jurgen to sell it for you?

Sorry to be nosey, but what needs doing to it to finish? Last time I recall it being more or less complete. Wouldn't it be worthwhile (and a heck of a lot easier time wise) getting someone like Michel, AFR, etc to finish it and get Jurgen to sell it for you?

There was a small issue with the gearbox (would not go into gear) but I am fairly certain that it was just something simple that TF forgot to do properly. She needed a new windscreen as the replacement that I had got cracked while at TF. She also needs a set of headlights and some wheels and a new ECU as I sold them on. Brake discs need a freshen up as they have got a bit of rust on them from lack of use. Engine has not been started in more than a year and the interior could use a good clean as it got a bit grubby with the mechanics in her and whatnot. Various bits of the engine bling could use a repolish as well.

TBH, I really do not want to put any more cash into the car as I am completely over it all now. Just want to cut my losses and call it a day. Was a good run while I had her and the Soarer and I might make a comeback in the future once my little ones grow up a bit. ;)

Hi Alan & Smarty

I came across a post of yours the other day and was wondering where you were. It's good to hear you are doing well an congratulations on the little one. I remember seein your Supe at Box Hill then onto the Fairmile meet, watching you go past on the M25 with JamieP and going onto the A3 was good :eyebrows: :D

out of pure curiosity how much maybe as is now?

Not sure bradleyh, I have been out of the loop for a while now so not sure about the current prices. I would have to do a bit of homework first. ;)

I'm sure it's well out of my price range but I'm thinking of going single soon so I would be interested to know - or at least how much for the engine, ECU etc (a single conversion from an N/A)

I felt for you Joe whan I picked up your wheels, it was a great car but like me you got rolled over by TF, if fact I was close to packing it in myself at the time, sometimes wish I have as I went on to spend another 20K or so sorting the car out after !

I would be very interested to see how much work is involved to get it back up and running, a great project for someone as the car has a whole lot of cash in it already

good luck mate

Hi Joe,

I was thinking the same thing too bizzarely.

Absolute shame about one of the top surpas in the world. It's not the same when you get burnt hey, been there countless times.

I could only imagine what a different story it would be now if Turbo Fit hadn't worked on your car and instead you got it back the way it was before the incident. I often think that myself with my own problems.

Glad all is well though. I knew you were lerking in the background :D

SEND IT UP TO MICHEL LANE TO BE FIXED!!!!!!!!! You owe it to the community to keep that car alive ;)

Hi Joe,

Congrats on the news about a brother or sister for Joe Junior. He must be what, about 5 now?

I can totally understand you giving up on cars now, I thought that after the Soarer went up but you carried on to the Sup.

Hope Tori and Joe Jnr are both well and that life is going good for you all.

Look after yourself bud.