N/A BPU completed

GMan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just thought i'd add that im going down this route also at the moment.

Im rebuilding a 99 2JZ-GE VVTI for high RPM and high power.

Head is being reworked with larger valves, titanium springs. Going for maximum flow.

Crank is being rebalanced, stronger rods and pistons, lightened pulleys and electric waterpump.

Long duration cams with adjustable gears. M3 Throttle Bodies.

Im looking at revving it to 8500rpm where im hoping i'll make some serious NA power.

I've been looking for an aftermarket manifold for a while now so this OBX system interests me a lot.

So you had to modify it to clear the steering? Hummmm, it looks very close though. This could cause contact given a hard corner or heavy load. This is my only concern.

Also im keeping the stock airbox. The INJen looks cool but its something i think that belongs on honda's. The stock box will allow enough air flow for a 500bhp twin turbo, so there really is zero benefit of removing the stock box. I've gone with just a simple Blitz SUS Panel filter, not because i thought there would be a performance gain but more to make sure i had a decent filter in there.

Otherwise good write up and i'm going to keep a eye on this :)

Edited by northstretch (see edit history)

Guest silversupra

I've had two supra na's and totally agree with gmans original statement, he was out to make the car more responsive and better to drive, im modifying mine also but im not after big power, im just looking to make the FEEL better and remove any parts that slow it down.

as another note to a comment about exhausts on a na, i bought a full blitz nur spec system for my last supra, the difference is amazing, the acceleration feels stronger and the throttle response is better, also throughout the rev range it seems to remove some flat spots. also its unbelievably loud, sets off every car alarm in the local vicinty-this noise was actually one of the reasons i sold the car, too many complaints from the neighbours!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This thread went exactly the same way as every 'I'm chasing 2JZ N/A power' thread on here has.

In case you want to start one of these threads on your own here are some pointers...

1. Set out your intentions in your first post. Include your power goal, be sure to aim high as it won't matter anyway, and how you are going to go about it. Also include an unrealistic budget, the lower the better.

2. Install the usual N/A BPU mods such as exhaust manifold, decat, exhaust, filter etc and then comment on how vast the difference is, claim to estimate the new found power to be around halfway between stock and your goal.

3. State what you plan to do next and state that you will be putting the car on a dyno before you go any further, so that you can make a reference of where you are at the moment vs stock and also so that you can gauge exactly how far you are away from your goal.

4. Never post on the subject ever again.

HTH

This thread went exactly the same way as every 'I'm chasing 2JZ N/A power' thread on here has.

In case you want to start one of these threads on your own here are some pointers...

1. Set out your intentions in your first post. Include your power goal, be sure to aim high as it won't matter anyway, and how you are going to go about it. Also include an unrealistic budget, the lower the better.

2. Install the usual N/A BPU mods such as exhaust manifold, decat, exhaust, filter etc and then comment on how vast the difference is, claim to estimate the new found power to be around halfway between stock and your goal.

3. State what you plan to do next and state that you will be putting the car on a dyno before you go any further, so that you can make a reference of where you are at the moment vs stock and also so that you can gauge exactly how far you are away from your goal.

4. Never post on the subject ever again.

HTH

So using your method my manifold and 1st decat, 2nd decat and cat back plus panel filter and windows closed while running super unleaded is knocking out around 279bhp on my downhill dyno with a force 10 hurricane blowing through the bonnet cost me about £400....... Where can I buy a syvecs from to get my NA up to 350bhp at least.

So using your method my manifold and 1st decat, 2nd decat and cat back plus panel filter and windows closed while running super unleaded is knocking out around 279bhp on my downhill dyno with a force 10 hurricane blowing through the bonnet cost me about £400....... Where can I buy a syvecs from to get my NA up to 350bhp at least.

The world is your oyster.

Superb - loving your work. :D

It's what I do.

CJ a bit off topic but is it you borrowing dudes black supra for dragonball?? I was over there earlier and had a look at it and if it helps you out I can let you take my NA instead for a few days :D

If that's the single turbo one then yes, I am. How is it looking?

If that's the single turbo one then yes, I am. How is it looking?

Two posts in a row with NO GAP!!!!!!!!!! POST WHOREEEE, Anyway yeah the black single turbo looked good fun which made getting into my NA even more depressing... If my dad was not with me I might of had a cry when I started it up and felt that NA POWER!!. Dude has some cracking cars and projects on the go over there at the moment.