N/A BPU completed

GMan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mate, I can't even post a picture of a certain girl I know as someone she knows has a Supra! But being a doorman, what can I say. Tis actually how I met Maud. But anywho, I'll take offers for her?

Hence why I just deleted the one I posted but not due to anyone she knows owning a supra or anything to my knowledge ,I don't even talk to her anymore but I think it is a tad unfair to stick other peoples photos up on a public forum.

why not just fit a single L.P.T turbo and up grade the injectors and the ecu ???? to TT spec ...injectors and E..C.U, a little Turbo, would give some extra puff....? .....just fit a TT cylinder gasget to lower the compression......?

ok u need a intercooler ....and a inlet manifold ....but would be easier then buying a TT kit im sure?

why not just fit a single L.P.T turbo and up grade the injectors and the ecu ???? to TT spec ...injectors and E..C.U, a little Turbo, would give some extra puff....? .....just fit a TT cylinder gasget to lower the compression......?

ok u need a intercooler ....and a inlet manifold ....but would be easier then buying a TT kit im sure?

What were you replying to?

• 1 month later...

I got a Supra that I could afford purely because I like the look of them. If I had anywhere near 400 or 500bhp under my right foot, I'd either kill myself or lose my license anyway.

.....and I'm not a kid, I'm 40 years old, I just lack the restraint part in my brain that most other people seem to have....I think the modern term is ADHD or something.....:p

Wow I can't believe this thread is still going, My na is still going strong and not missed a beat.

For anyone who is interested, a German guy down the road got himself a bog standard n/a auto supra about 6 months ago, so I took him down to the same dyno. His is a 1995 jspec na/auto with 159K kilometers in mint condition, power was 149.4 wheel we were so shocked we did a compression test and while I don't remember the numbers exactly his were better than mine! We strapped mine on and amazingly it put out 188 whp (220K kms at the moment). the only difference is I added some adjustable cam gears and did the standard TT settings I found on here which are probably not optimal for an na. I feel that the outlay of about $1000 us dollars for 38 whp is fairly reasonable and not a terrible investment. You wont even begin to scare a stock TT so if you are looking for big power go tt, if you want to go tt later just leave the exhaust manifold out, everything else like the exhaust and cam gears switches right over.

I don't want to relight the argument. I myself am a big believer in forced induction. Turbo will always be better than N/A and the same mods on a turbo engine give you about 70+hp IIRC just wanted to make my daily driver a bit better without driving the insurance up. (Yes, unlike the UK, American insurance rates are different for N/As and Turbos) But now that the skyline is sold I will be talking to Keron about a tt swap, The Mrs' new NA will be the daily.

Edited by GMan (see edit history)