Guest billybig1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest billybig1

I'm sure the car had been through a number of hands since I sold it over 2 years ago so it could have been anyone.

As before, this post is just for info really, not finger pointing :)

Obviously it has been clocked somewhere along the line and everyone who has owned it since it was clocked has been taken for a ride intentionally or otherwise, I know for sure that the alarm bells are ringing now and the fact that someone is willing to cover up the true mileage would have me worrying about what else they are covering up. I would steer well clear of this due to this thread alone.

I would also look at reporting the trader if you have any paperwork at all proving that the mileage has been clocked. It may not have been the trader that clocked it but now that it has been brought to his attention he should do all he can to verify the mileage to ensure that he is not commiting an offence.

The annoying thing is these cars do go forever if well maintained so it shouldn't be necessary to clock them. My father has an NA with 249k on the clock and it is still going strong.

So you live next door to your old man who also owns a supe, it must look like a mini meet everyday in your road :D

hehe thats brilliant! I would now pursude your siblings to call buy a supe! So now when you have a family gathering it will be like a bigger mini meet! :p

Wife Eve's on the right (TT Manual) Mine in the middle (GT67 DBB Manual) Dads on the left (NA Manual)

And a close up of the high mileage one and it was my mistake it's only on 228k so not high at all.

Crap pics as on iphone.

trio 001.jpg

trio 002.jpg

Wife Eve's on the right (TT Manual) Mine in the middle (GT67 DBB Manual) Dads on the left (NA Manual)

And a close up of the high mileage one and it was my mistake it's only on 228k so not high at all.

Crap pics as on iphone.

You should start your own club :D

Lovely looking motors you have there sir ;)

You should start your own club :D

Lovely looking motors you have there sir ;)

This has turned into a complete thread hijack but never mind and thanks for the comments you need some pics in your garage as I wanted to compare your setup to mine as mine is a similar turbo. Pics in my garage if interested.

This has turned into a complete thread hijack but never mind and thanks for the comments you need some pics in your garage as I wanted to compare your setup to mine as mine is a similar turbo. Pics in my garage if interested.

Sold the car a few years back now, I'll see if I can dig up some pics.

You can youtube some of the vids I has on there, just search for SPGT67 (Black car, gold wheels).

Hi all

Just a quick heads up. I saw this TT6 today

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_popup.jsp?did=28997&pageid=3&originalid=&gid=nogroup&tid=46&start=1&distance=0&adcategory=cars&channel=DEALERPAGE&id=200928337867665

Funny thing is I sold it about 2 years ago when it had 63k on the clock. I don't remember selling it to Marty McFly but it's now only got 52k on it :no:

The dealer reckons he can prove the mileage with the import sheet and previous MOTs but I have the sale receipt signed by the 1st buyer showing 63k. I'm not saying it was him who clocked it but it seems that someone has.

It might still be a decent motor but I would be very wary of the mileage.

hey all

i bought this car 6 months ago for around 6k with 96,000km-97,000km on the clock and just put it in a garage for ages and never used it as i bought a single turbo facelift

it also had every mot since import which clocked up from 82,000km to 97,000km

I sold it to the trader for 5750, then the day after its 9995 with less miles on the clock :rolleyes: somebody should call him and ask for more info better still offer him 5k lol

The guy who i bought it of was a good guy so he wouldnt have fiddled with it..

I think between the OP and wilko there is sufficient info to put in a complaint to Trading Standards as Class One has suggested. As car enthusiasts we should be doing everything we can to put a stop to these sorts of traders.