The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my single vs single

wilkorangerover

I PERSONALLY don't like the styling on the mk4, however it isn't my car so it doesn't matter...

I wasnt too fussed when I first saw pics of it but I have seen it in the flesh today and has changed my mind.

He had the windows professionaly tinted by my mate and he's not into Supra's or bodykits but he said it was a nice looking example.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the size of the turbo on the MK3 :more:

I still think the MK3 is a lovely car, something about Supra's thats never made me get bored of them like other cars including BMW M cars.

The Supras look lovely and I admire the way you are keeping the MK3 in good shape.

because you get the odd people who just what like to start something.

Funnily enough none of those people were the op or myself.

Or did you tend to not notice that fact?

If your going to stir shit mate don't try to put it on other people when you are done.

because you get the odd people who just what like to start something.

Not really...

I like both cars, but i don't like the style of the Mk4 very much, and have reservations about the quality of work that's been done if it was built in Japan....

We are all allowed an opinion.

yes this is true but by now we should know how they end up

Listen mate, lets hit this on the head. Take out every jumped up twat, like yourself, comment along with all my replies to said jumped up twat comments and you are left with a perfectly normal thread full of comments and opinions on the pictures posted.

Its people like yourself jumping on the bandwagon on a witchhunt of negative comments that ends up spinning these threads into the gutter. Of course i retaliate, i have that sort of personality and as i said, i make no apologies for it.

I stated my opinion and people took offense. The OP didn't seem to bother too much as, after all, it is ONLY my opinion.

If you don't want constructive critisism don't bloody post pics of your car. This statement is not aimed at the op, again he is in no way responsible for where this thread ended up. Some of you guys need to start pulling your tongues out of peoples arses when it comes to discussions like this. We either agree, or we disagree, deal with it!

I was thinking of popping over, but i would only be in the company car.

I shall give it some thought - lots to do on the car before imminent mapping :)

Well I'm happy to pick you up if you like? I'm trying to get someone with a little knowledge to sit in on the car for a little bit to let me know everything is nice and sweet :)

a few of the usual suspects cropping up in this thread, and a new one to watch carefully....

The guy posted up his cars for people to see, not for people to rip apart.

Simply saying 'not to my taste' would have been enough people. If the OP wants to know why then they can ask.

So do please try behaving, I dont want every single thread degenerating in to slanging match about such petty points.

I thought we did that with my post? Is there any need for your post? Why not just delete it and move on? :)

I didn't see it that way to be honest, i saw it as ignoring what was said previous. I responded to the comment that i quoted.

Anyway, onwards and upwards :)

Not really...

I like both cars, but i don't like the style of the Mk4 very much, and have reservations about the quality of work that's been done if it was built in Japan....

We are all allowed an opinion.

rob your car is built better than mine no doubt.. fair play to you ...

but reservations???

i didnt post pictures up to start engine discussions just general pictures of the 2 single turbo beasts

plenty of the big boys on here have seen my facelift engine and have not said anything bad about the build just the air filter lol

just because i got the mark4 as it is (minus seats / mapping) for a bargain, shouldn`t let you big boys think its not been built right...

Its runs every day no problems at all and iam out enjoying the car , thats what it s all about

if the engine breaks it breaks i`ll buy another i have the £££

Edited by wilkorangerover (see edit history)

reservations???

just because i got the mark4 as it is (minus seats / mapping) for a bargain, shouldn`t let you big boys think its not been built right...

Its runs every day no problems at all and iam out enjoying the car , thats what it s all about

if the engine breaks it breaks i`ll buy another i have the £££

You misunderstand. Japanese builds are not known for their longevity. Im sure all the work done in the UK will be aimed at safe and conservative mapping carried out by trained professionals. etc.

Money eh, that's lovely for you :)

Is the Japanese longevity down to mapping on better fuel or just quality in general? Obviously the main parts are the same as what most of us use in the UK so i could only think of the mapping or perhaps the attention to detail?

a few of the usual suspects cropping up in this thread, and a new one to watch carefully....

The guy posted up his cars for people to see, not for people to rip apart.

Simply saying 'not to my taste' would have been enough people. If the OP wants to know why then they can ask.

So do please try behaving, I dont want every single thread degenerating in to slanging match about such petty points.

good man :)

Is the Japanese longevity down to mapping on better fuel or just quality in general? Obviously the main parts are the same as what most of us use in the UK so i could only think of the mapping or perhaps the attention to detail?

I used to assume it was due to their Shaken test rendering the car uneconomical to own at x point down the line (hence the exports) so they ran on a 'its going soon, lets see what 2bar on oem injectors does' kinda philosophy.

Perhaps that has something to do with it, perhaps not.

Just for every mint, well built HKS turbo kitted monster that comes out of Japan, there are 10 with dodgy additional injectors, more piggybacks than a piggyback convention and the biggest turbo Autobacs had in stock :(

You misunderstand. Japanese builds are not known for their longevity. Im sure all the work done in the UK will be aimed at safe and conservative mapping carried out by trained professionals. etc.

Money eh, that's lovely for you :)

mapping was done

36 power runs no complaints

when it breaks no doubt you`ll be laughing

at the moment i am laughing , dirt cheap modded facelift ;) killing new big power cars ;)