The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my single vs single

wilkorangerover

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to assume it was due to their Shaken test rendering the car uneconomical to own at x point down the line (hence the exports) so they ran on a 'its going soon, lets see what 2bar on oem injectors does' kinda philosophy.

Ahh that makes sense. I'm guessing its pretty much like an MOT cept much stricter. We fire in a de-cat after the test, they go all out for some fun for the year, or whatever the term is, and then pass it on for export.

Good info that as i had never read that on here.

Ahh that makes sense. I'm guessing its pretty much like an MOT cept much stricter. We fire in a de-cat after the test, they go all out for some fun for the year, or whatever the term is, and then pass it on for export.

Good info that as i had never read that on here.

It may not be true, just what i used to imagine.

IIRC (been a while) the Shaken gets more strict year on year, hence at x point its uneconomical to keep the car, what with resale value dropping etc.

In fairness i think my detailed criticism may have turned out to be a good thing with regards to the filter :)

Did you have a search bud?

Check this out if you didn't.

yes buddy, i will be sorting this soon, ive got to mod the fancy air filter surroundings to get a cone filter on (maybe kn n oversized)

BUT took the pipes of and its all clean as a whistle ;)

yes buddy, i will be sorting this soon, ive got to mod the fancy air filter surroundings to get a cone filter on (maybe kn n oversized)

BUT took the pipes of and its all clean as a whistle ;)

May be different with a single. It was all the cluttered sequential piping that i found all the crap in.

ARC would be a good option IMO.

not sure , just thought you would, as your not sure with the build :(

As i said, don't take comments like this personally. The are only opinions. It wasn't even an opinion on your build, it was just a general opinion that SOMETIMES they can't be trusted. The fact that your's has minimal miles will certainly help. Just make sure you spend a couple of hundred giving it a proper once over and a proper UK map. Don't skimp on it now and it will pay off in spades in the long run :)

Doubt anyone would laugh if you had trouble bud, unless they had something against you :search:

As i said, don't take comments like this personally. The are only opinions. It wasn't even an opinion on your build, it was just a general opinion that SOMETIMES they can't be trusted. The fact that your's has minimal miles will certainly help. Just make sure you spend a couple of hundred giving it a proper once over and a proper UK map. Don't skimp on it now and it will pay off in spades in the long run :)

Doubt anyone would laugh if you had trouble bud, unless they had something against you :search:

good comment ! ;)

my main worry is the autobox!! / bomex front end restricting air flow to the greddy intercooler

:innocent:

good comment ! ;)

my main worry is the autobox!! / bomex front end restricting air flow to the greddy intercooler

:innocent:

Get a temp gauge for the intake, that will quell your fears on the temps. Autoboxes are 10 a penny, as long as its not your daily drive (which its not) theres nothing really to worry about.

Get a temp gauge for the intake, that will quell your fears on the temps. Autoboxes are 10 a penny, as long as its not your daily drive (which its not) theres nothing really to worry about.

i saw the temp on mapping .. they said its a little high :(

your right, on the box.. least its low miles :)

a few of the usual suspects cropping up in this thread, and a new one to watch carefully....

The guy posted up his cars for people to see, not for people to rip apart.

Simply saying 'not to my taste' would have been enough people. If the OP wants to know why then they can ask.

So do please try behaving, I dont want every single thread degenerating in to slanging match about such petty points.

i agree

maybe modifying the bumper will be the best bet !

bbq meet tomoz,are ya going??

Only if its actually required mate. If your intake temps are fine then its a pointless modification. Don't trust the intake temps on a dyno, some fans are better than others.

Is it near Glasgow? :D