The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WTF, More ebay madness, someone making money from your car?

The Raven

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems like the correct action has been taken by contacting ebay.

Basically this t0sser is charging money for the privellege to be sent an email by a moron..... If someone wants a picture, you just got the forums and ask or go to Google Images :rolleyes:

If the gent selling the picture took it himself then he is within his rights to do so. It was a public place and the cars were on show. The only thing he should do is blank the number plates but I doubt he even has to do that.

If he has taken somebody elses picture and is selling that then its different.

This is no different to the professional picture takers at tracks days etc. They take pictures of everything and sell what they can.

If the gent selling the picture took it himself then he is within his rights to do so. It was a public place and the cars were on show. The only thing he should do is blank the number plates but I doubt he even has to do that.

If he has taken somebody elses picture and is selling that then its different.

This is no different to the professional picture takers at tracks days etc. They take pictures of everything and sell what they can.

Pretty sure its illegal to make a profit without the owners permission though. Its not illegal to take the picture and show it, as long as the registration mark is not shown (which it is in this case), but to sell it? I would be surprised.

Pretty sure its illegal to make a profit without the owners permission though. Its not illegal to take the picture and show it, as long as the registration mark is not shown (which it is in this case), but to sell it? I would be surprised.

Public place, why would he need permission to take a picture of some cars.

Would be interested to know the legal position on this, but as it would be almost impossible to police and stop people doing it then I cant see it being illegal unless national security is at risk (like places in London).

Public place, why would he need permission to take a picture of some cars.

Would be interested to know the legal position on this, but as it would be almost impossible to police and stop people doing it then I cant see it being illegal unless national security is at risk (like places in London).

By my understanding you are correct in all of what you said (inc the past posts).

Technically there might be issues if for example the owner of the car was at a secret photoshoot and a guy took secret photos etc (Hello v OK - Doulgas wedding) but the cars are all on public display in this instance.

Don't know why peoplre are getting upset about numberplates... a lot of the cars are 'one offs' so its unlikely people are going to clone the plate and try pretend their MK3 Astra looks like a show stopping Supra etc. Also the number is owned by the DVLA so the driver presumably wouldn't have a right to enforce over it anyway.

So why do people need to ask for the owners permission before advertising their cars with their parts on them?

For example, i've heard of people buying alloys and being asked for pics to advertise with. As far as i know its illegal to do so without permission.

Obviously its not illegal to take pictures of a car but in order to sell them on and gain profit? Something not right there.

As for the number plate issue. It only becomes an issue when someone who has a supra similar to mine copies my plate and runs through some speed camera's (which happens). I don't really worry about it to be honest but i would have thought the law would protect the people that do.

Your all moaning about the number plate issue.

So what do you do when you drive the car, or have it parked?

Anyone can see your number plate all they have to do is open their eyes.

So having it in a photo does not make any difference,

And i know some will now come back with " but now the whole world can see it and its on display yadda yadda yadda"

If someone wanted to clone the number plate they are going to do it if it is on show on the internet or not

Your all moaning about the number plate issue.

So what do you do when you drive the car, or have it parked?

Anyone can see your number plate all they have to do is open their eyes.

So having it in a photo does not make any difference,

And i know some will now come back with " but now the whole world can see it and its on display yadda yadda yadda"

If someone wanted to clone the number plate they are going to do it if it is on show on the internet or not

Ok so your a member of a supra owners club and you want to get up to some naughty stuff. If noone on this club shows their numberplate how do you clone it?

All people need to do nowadays is type into a search engine the type of car they want to clone and they can pretty much browse through suitable applicants. This is fine for the people who don't care, like myself, but people who don't want their numberplate on the internet aren't getting that option thanks to people like this ebay clown.

Perhaps Chris doesn't want the forum/Ebay to know his registration for that very reason. Didn't get an option there.

As i said, i couldn't care less. My registration is in my garage. If i didn't want it on show i would be pissed if someone else fired up pics trying to sell them on ebay.

Ok so your a member of a supra owners club and you want to get up to some naughty stuff. If noone on this club shows their numberplate how do you clone it?

All people need to do nowadays is type into a search engine the type of car they want to clone and they can pretty much browse through suitable applicants. This is fine for the people who don't care, like myself, but people who don't want their numberplate on the internet aren't getting that option thanks to people like this ebay clown.

Perhaps Chris doesn't want the forum/Ebay to know his registration for that very reason. Didn't get an option there.

As i said, i couldn't care less. My registration is in my garage. If i didn't want it on show i would be pissed if someone else fired up pics trying to sell them on ebay.

You dont need a picture on the internet to find out someones number plate.

At the end of the day you cant stop them putting up a pic with the number plate on it as the car has it on and anyone can see it

You dont need a picture on the internet to find out someones number plate.

At the end of the day you cant stop them putting up a pic with the number plate on it as the car has it on and anyone can see it

I think the fraud investigation guys would beg to differ. Thats just me thinking out loud though.

Ok, without the internet, give me a registration of a black do-luck kitted supra with TRD wing and black alloys. Not owned by you, on the off chance.