The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my cat

Whitesupraboy2

my cats been missing since saturday :(

had it 4 years it follows me everywhere, i go too toilet it follows, i go on PC it jumps on work top, i make a sandwich it wants some!

well i decided i wasnt going to bread off of it so got in spade, it seemed only fair been stuck inside and garden in summer with me since it was here. so i thought it should go out.

had slowly been letting out in garden byself during day (twice so far!!) and on sat night, it bolted out front door at 8ish so it was dark so i went out to find it, found it but it kept running way and i just watched it run off into distant..... :cry:

i live on the edge of a heath so i cant decide if it gone the wrong way onto the heath! :tumble: i looked everywhere!! i miss my pussy :cry:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sakura

I hope you find her soon. Have you contacted all the local rescue organisations that could help, just in case she has been taken in by someone? Does she have a microchip, or other ID?

I'm sure it won't be lost, cats have an amazing sense of direction.

I had a cat bolt off when we picked him up from the cattery, after being away on holiday. We looked for him over the next week but couldn't find him, cattery was 20 mile drive from home so in the end we accepted he was gone forever. 18 months later we hear the letter box banging, which was strange as this cat use to put his paw through the letter box and bang it when he wanted to get in. Sure enough when I opened the door there he was, he just trotted in as if he'd never been away and went in the kitchen looking for dinner :cool:

Probably out there on a date with other pussy... good luck.

Our cat went missing as wel oncel. He used to go out all the time for hours and hours, but he always came back, but one time he just didn't come home. :(

So we put notice's up all over the place, and eventually someone rang and said he was in a cat rescue place, as he was found, unfortunately he got run over, but he was okay, 1 leg short of a full set, but so so pleased to see us when we went to put him up. He doesn't got too far away now........

Hope you find him, it's not nice when your pet goes missing

nope thats the thing, its got no id wat so ever on it, it wasnt meant to get out yet!! im angry at myself for not catching it and for not putting any ID on it. im angry i didnt buy another flea collar like it had before instead bought the peppet thing!

What also worries me is it is a pedigree cat and not usual cat, pic below. so it is known for them to be taken.

http://www.whiskas.com.sg/breeds/images/birman.jpg

well ive just walked round edge of heath, i could go miles in there!! im hopeing it got some sense! i do know it will be very scared so hopefully wont get near anyone but at same time it needs food! it was very small like a kitten so looked cute, slightly lighter face then pic. tomorrow ill be ringing the vets and RSPCA, if heard nothing time for reward cards in ASDA and tesco!

the only thing that can define my cat is it doesnt meoooww, it kind of does a noise with its mouth shut instead of meoww!

LOL thats a great story Nic.

I'm a cat lover myself (not in a beasteality kinda way)

I'm sure your cat will be back soon and purring away Supraboy.

We had a wild cat when I was a youngster.

My dad caught it in the barn of my Grans farm and as it was terrorising the hens and chickens brought her home to keep as a pet. Soon as dad opened the basket the cat shot out and disappeared behind the kitchen units never to be seen for over 3 weeks only venturing out at night to eat and drink.

Eventually the cat and I developed a great friendship and she would always meet me on the way home from school and always sleep on the end of my bed.

Funny thing is she never let anyone near her other than myself and dad.

She was a very independent cat that would go for adventures away from home for days but always come back for milk and eats.

one good thing is that you can now say you have been de-catted...

:tongue:

true :D :violin:

ive got to point if someone rang up and said ive got your cat, ur not having her back. id be happy knowing she alive and eating!

then get the sods :D

Suprastar - same witrh my cat will bite rest of my family if they stroke her. but me she will just purr or give me a gentle bite to let me know she wants me too stop, but then lick where she bit to make it better :cry:

One of ours disappeared recently, then after four months - it came back :eek: No idea where it had been, and it now has an inverse mohican on it's back, but otherwise fine. Was a bit 'distant' for a couple of days, but like I said she's fine now.

Hope your's comes back mate.

Matt

Put posters with the picture on lamposts and trees and the best of luck. we've had our 3 birmans for 13 years and their mum for a few before that, they're lovely looking cats, even people who don't normally like cats say how beautiful they are, blue eyes, white paws etc. so ours never go out as I'm sure people would steal them, or decide they need a home and 'persuade' them to stay. Our 3 are sitting between us now, and we love them to bits. Hope you get yours back! :hug:

Put posters with the picture on lamposts and trees and the best of luck. we've had our 3 birmans for 13 years and their mum for a few before that, they're lovely looking cats, even people who don't normally like cats say how beautiful they are, blue eyes, white paws etc. so ours never go out as I'm sure people would steal them, or decide they need a home and 'persuade' them to stay. Our 3 are sitting between us now, and we love them to bits. Hope you get yours back! :hug:

Awww, nice pic! I'm sure the one on the left is picking a fight with me though!

WSB, I used to live on a farm and have owned a lot of cats (they keep the mouse & rabbit population down!).

Cats that live in the open countryside live in a space much closer to their "natural" instinctive environment where house cats can establish several square miles of their own territory.

House cats that live in towns or built up areas are constantly trying to establish their territory since the territories of many different local cats will overlap. If you have a cat that has been kept inside a house for anything past 4-6 months old it will not have a chance to establish its territory. When it is let out to roam free it will feel want to leave the area if there are other cats anywhere near it since the hormones of other cats will instinctively force it to leave the other (more mature) cats territory.

Its very common for town cats to go missing for days or weeks while they try to understand the world around them and get used to the sense of their territory. Sometimes cats will not return to "home" until they have managed to regain that territory from other cats in the area.

Either way, its very common for town cats to go missing for days or week but to return later once they regain their territory. This problem usually occurs if cats have been kept inside too much duing their adolescence (3 to 18 months old).

HTH

Hope you get her back mate you can become very attached the the fury little buggers ours went through a stage off weeing and craping every where? but even after all that you love um to bits,ours hates everybody but me ,the missus and a freind of hers has a very annoying past time it likes to put his head under the duvet and nibble my toes whick my missus find very enteraining.

Hes no special breed or anything but we love him to bits

Pic of him playing dead :)

Dude...

I feel for you...

Our kitty went missing a couple of days ago as well....

We have been out looking for any evidence, a body anything... NOTHING....Done the flyer thing as well

So I know what it is like, best of luck hope it works out for you..

Gav

completely forgot to update u guys!!! i found my cat yesterday!! woohoooo 8 days on!!

Some kids who when i was younger admired my cars and supra now, came over sayin they had seen my cat in there garden, so i got myself dressed and went into there garden and called it, i heard this little soft growel. and finally worked my way to their shed, my cat had gone under it through a 1inch gap! and was to scared to move, so spent 5mins calling it, with it meowing then hissing at me when i got face on floor, so got some food and slowly coxed it out.

It was quite thin but not bad and was so scared it didnt move, just meeowed. now its back in it cant stop purring and meows when i leave the room and it alone,so i have to call it and it comes running! i gave the kids £25 for their troubles

happy ending! :thumbs:

I know this won't make me tremendously popular but ... I'm sick of them crapping in my garden, scratching my cars (yes - with CLAWS on the roof and bonnet!), terrorising my rabbit, digging up flowers, etc. etc.

Unless someone has another good idea how to humanely keep the little feckers away from me I'm going have to make a few round here 'disappear'. :complain:

:tumble: