The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-TT is on1

hoff

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned, it's fine for BPU, but the pipework won't work with the stock airbox, unless they've made major changes in then last few months.

I think Adam has a aftermarket filter from his donor car, Darryl

its a HKS pipe...very bling:D

I have got an after market filter which I may change for a better one. Once the fmic is in I'll try the oem air box for refferance:)

good luck mate, can you put up some pics of the bay when your done please.........(thinking very hard to ones self......)

all the best.

No worries, I'll get some pics up:)

Good luck mate..

Sure it will all go well, you'll love the difference!

just got mine done... its like a new car!

(can't keep myself out the bloody thing now!)

Cheers mate. I got your rad cap today so if I get a chance to post yours before I go away for the weekend I will:)

Good luck Adam, hope it all goes to plan.

One day i might do the same:D

Good luck with this Adam I hope it goes perfectly for you.

We'll never keep up with you on the pancake runs now!! :D

Thanks very much guys:) You're next Lynz;)

Sweet. I'll keep an eye out for any pancake runs in June / July / August (having an organised gf suddenly means I'm genuinely busy at weekends!).

:innocent: me never!! :eyebrows:

I've told him as soon as we've saved up he can do it, if thats not motivation for him nothing is :sly:

Girls have evil ways of making men do things for them, so I'm sure you'll be able to think of something! ;) :eyebrows: :D

Gauges and FMIC turned up today:) The gauges look very nice:d I've not had a chance to have a tidy look at the Front mount yet so hoping all is in order. I'll have to wait now until after the footy tomorrow as I'll be at Helens until then so I'll be spending mine time worrying it's crap:d

Not many days until we get started now. I'm getting excited:)

whats you time scale now mate?

(to be honest i haven't the time to read the whole tread again to check!)

I know at first you were looking at Easter, then sometime now'ish...

Think you'll be done for Japfest?

Bpu as well... good choice!!! i wasn't going to at first, then i just added bit by bit while it was being done... Getting my Boost controller fitted on friday and i've just run the engine in 1000miles since the main conversion... so all finished!

Bet you cant wait!

The original plan was to do it over the easter bank holiday weekend but the weather was so good and we didn't want to rush strip two cars. So Helens brother has taken next week off to do it. So it should be ready for next weekend and Surry rolling road.

Did you get the rad cap mate? I sent it first thing on Monday. Sorry for the xmas stamps.

Did you get the rad cap mate? I sent it first thing on Monday. Sorry for the xmas stamps.

Haven't been home since sunday.. nipping in tonight so should be there.. will let you know!

Thanks again for that mate..

May see you at the Surry rolling road then.. i am not 100% on getting to that though as its West Ham v Liverpool (and i've a season ticket for my sins!).

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update on this. We are getting there now, slowly.

Rather than take the week off to do the car as he intended the girlfriends brother (Mike) didn't start stripping the engine, gearbox, propshaft, diff untill friday afternoon:blink:

This left us with the problem of having no time to get it to his workplace to do the conversion. So we called in a couple of favours to borrow a workshop.

So Sunday afternoon the van was loaded with the TT engine, etc and all sorts of bits and taken to the workshop. Followed by me in the NA.

Mike also had monday off so spent the afternnon taking the NA engine and 'box out while I was working. he packed it in at 9.30pm last night with the TT engine and box in place:)

He's back to work now though so it's going to be some late nights again to get the engine and new FMIC plumbed in. Then it's a case of dropping the proshaft and diff off (life would be easier with a ramp) and replacing them.

So still plenty to do, and time is running out but I'm hopefull that by Thursday night it will be done. We'll see. It will be handy to get it done then so i can go for a drive before taking it sraight to Japfest on Saturday.

• 1 month later...

As Jamie says it goes well. I've been moving house and still have no internet at home so I have to sneak on here in work and am lucky to even read a small bit at the moment. Anyway, update...

The complete conversion was completed in the early hours before Japfest (hense why I didn't make it, along with the rain). This included:

Engine,

Autobox

Proshaft,

Diff,

Exhaust,

Loom,

FMIC,

Etc.

The job was done without any major issues. The only issues I still have are the exhaust (which came from the other car) is catching and therefore vibrating a little and blowing a touch. The only other thing is a slight vibration from the FMIC pipework, it catches the inner wing just a little. These are both easy fixes though and will get them done before suprapod.

The other thing I need to get done before then is fitting the boost, oil temp and AFR gauges I have. Again easy enough.

Sorry for the briefness of the post but I'll get some pics up as soon as I'm back on the net at home.

Alex, I hear you may be seeing Jamie at the weekend. I'll come round to if I have time so you can see for yourself mate:)