The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-TT is on1

hoff

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just thoughtI'd update this a little. I picked up the car about 3 weeks ago, and felt bad about stripping it. It was very clean except from the damage to the passenger side wing and wishbone.

As you may have seen from the for sale thread I have started to strip it now and the conversion will begin on the 1st of May. We are planning to strip the donar car totally 1st and then remove the NA engine, diff, propshaft, autobox, J-spec brakes and the exhaust from the NA. Then all the TT parts and UK brakes will be put on.

I have also brought the 1st decat to go with the 2nd I already have, restrictor ring and service items from Paul. Magictorch is donating me his uprated fuel pump. I have a few gauges on the way so I can keep an eye on things. I have also just ordered a fmic. Its an xs-power one but a bit of research has told me it should do the job, we'll see though. If the stock smic wasn't quite as battered I would have stuck with that.

Helens (the girlfriend) brother will be carrying out the work, with me as the go for, and has decided to take the week off to do it which is good as it means less rushing and getting to bed at a tidy time:D

So hopefully i'll be able to get it down to Surry for the rolling road day, it'll definately be ready for Japfest:)

Just cant wait now:)

Just thoughtI'd update this a little. I picked up the car about 3 weeks ago, and felt bad about stripping it. It was very clean except from the damage to the passenger side wing and wishbone.

As you may have seen from the for sale thread I have started to strip it now and the conversion will begin on the 1st of May. We are planning to strip the donar car totally 1st and then remove the NA engine, diff, propshaft, autobox, J-spec brakes and the exhaust from the NA. Then all the TT parts and UK brakes will be put on.

I have also brought the 1st decat to go with the 2nd I already have, restrictor ring and service items from Paul. Magictorch is donating me his uprated fuel pump. I have a few gauges on the way so I can keep an eye on things. I have also just ordered a fmic. Its an xs-power one but a bit of research has told me it should do the job, we'll see though. If the stock smic wasn't quite as battered I would have stuck with that.

Helens (the girlfriend) brother will be carrying out the work, with me as the go for, and has decided to take the week off to do it which is good as it means less rushing and getting to bed at a tidy time:D

So hopefully i'll be able to get it down to Surry for the rolling road day, it'll definately be ready for Japfest:)

Just cant wait now:)

Ive got an xs power fmic:hide: It was a straight forward fitment and does an excellent job, have had no problems with it so you should have no worries in that department mate ;)

Woohoo, good news mate :D

Sorry if I missed something, but is the doner the silver 6spd that was hit by the truck? We got offered that car for £1.8k, but were too slow :Pling:

No, but that sounded a steal! I bought Jammox's car. Its an auto.

Ive got an xs power fmic:hide: It was a straight forward fitment and does an excellent job, have had no problems with it so you should have no worries in that department mate ;)

Thats good to hear mate:) Is yours auto or 6 speed?

XS-Power had a bad rep early on, but now their stuff is top notch! I know a few MR2 owners with XS-Power parts, and the quality is as good as more expensive brands.

Good luck with the conversion hoff! :D

XS-Power had a bad rep early on, but now their stuff is top notch! I know a few MR2 owners with XS-Power parts, and the quality is as good as more expensive brands.

The FMIC's are not, thats for sure!! They are "okay" in the grand scheme of things and fine for BPU use (and an improvement over a knackered stock one, obviously), but to consider them on par with some of the branded makes is misguided and incorrect.

Are the pipes they supply now have flanged ends and do they fit with the stock airbox? To date everyone I know has had issues with the pipework not working with the stock box.

Cheers Gaz mate.

As for the fmic I cant really afford go for anything else. As Daryl said its better than whats on and should do for bpu.

As mentioned, it's fine for BPU, but the pipework won't work with the stock airbox, unless they've made major changes in then last few months.