The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Pod 2009 Discussion Thread

SteveR

Ok that’s fine, thanks.

I didnt know if there would be several at once and if it’s an open area or track, so thank you.

You mentioned 'Drift competitors' so i was thinking ‘competition’ :(

By all means try to out-drift JamieP for pink slips. ;)

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK THAT'S IT!

NO MORE BOOKINGS, THANKYOU

You can still come to Supra Pod, you will need to pay at the gate on the day and can only spectate (members = £5, non-members = £10).

You can still come to Billing, but can't book any food/drink passes any more.

Thank you one and all. :thumbs:

OK I've made the decision that I probably won't get to leave for Billing today, BUT I am keen to be free to head that way first thing tomorrow.

SO - there is a short extension to the booking opportunity, but let me be very clear, this is your absolute final chance:

• Drag places at Supra Pod
  • Drift places at Supra Pod
  • Food/Drink passes for SupraDrome

...MUST be booked in advance.

At 7PM today, if you haven't pre-booked then the only thing you can do is turn up and pay on the gate to spectate.

AFTER 7PM TODAY I WILL REJECT ANY FURTHER BOOKINGS

Reminder: Camping at Billing AquaDrome (which is where SupraDrome will take place) is not bookable though the club: each individual needs to sort that directly with Billing either in advance or paying on the day: the discount arranged no longer applies so the onlything you benefit from paying in advance is the peace of mind you've got a space.

FULL details of both events, including a FAQ and how to book are in the Bookings & Details thread.

Ok that’s fine, thanks.

I didnt know if there would be several at once and if it’s an open area or track, so thank you.

You mentioned 'Drift competitors' so i was thinking ‘competition’ :(

There will be 2 marshals on the drift circuit, I believe on of them is Lex who does the drift-wyb days anyway so will guide people around.

Its a new thing for us to do so its going to me a suck it and see type thing. It will be safe though with the only way to damage you car being throwing it at a cone at the barriers, so caution is best at the start.

The Booking reference number that steve mentions? Would that be the paypal number or something else? If its something else I'm a bit lost.

It's the number next to your booking.

etc ;)

Check the list, here.

:thumbs:

Don't worry, it's not essential, it's just potentiall easier for the gate staff to look up "number 50 mate" than reg plate "L735 ABC", for example. :)

For those who missed it, I posted this in the details/bookings thread a few minutes ago:

Final list updates have been done - if there are any problems please Report the above 'bookings' post.

(To do this, click the little exclaimation mark at the bottom of that message.)

Don't try to PM me as I've switched that off. ;)

To speed up your arrival through the gate at Pod, if you can remember your booking reference number it will help. :thumbs:

Guest argy911

Hi steve I will be bringing my 66 mustang on the back of a recovery truck .I dont yet have a registration number , I hope to get it in the post tommorow .I have got mot and insurance. Will this be ok ?

Also I have to drive up to pod in my other car.Will I have to pay extra to get in ?

Pod do not need to see an MOT for the car, so long as its not a rust bucket or looks like Fred Flintstone's car they will be okay with it running.

Competitor and spectator entry to the event is per person, so it doesnt matter how many cars you bring, its you and your passengers that have to pay entry.

Hope that helps.

Hi steve I will be bringing my 66 mustang on the back of a recovery truck .I dont yet have a registration number , I hope to get it in the post tommorow .I have got mot and insurance. Will this be ok ?

Also I have to drive up to pod in my other car.Will I have to pay extra to get in ?

I can answer this for Steve.

Steve will have a mustang marked down so just state your forum name and the mods on the gate will know to let you in. There is no extra charge if you're arriving in a truck, you're paying for *yourself* to drive on the strip, not the car.

You'll be asked to park the truck in the outer trade area and when the car is unloaded you can move it into the non-supra area behind the grandstand if you wish.

Guest argy911
Pod do not need to see an MOT for the car, so long as its not a rust bucket or looks like Fred Flintstone's car they will be okay with it running.

Competitor and spectator entry to the event is per person, so it doesnt matter how many cars you bring, its you and your passengers that have to pay entry.

Hope that helps.

Yep that helps cheers mate

Does anyone know if it will be possible to rent a helmet at the pod?

I don't own one, and may not be able to get hold of one before the event (unless there is somewhere nearby I can purchase one on the day). First time for me on the drag strip, and after some searching about on here, I see that it is a requirement if likely you'll be passing the line at over 100mph etc.

Any advice appreciated! :)

Guest argy911
I can answer this for Steve.

Steve will have a mustang marked down so just state your forum name and the mods on the gate will know to let you in. There is no extra charge if you're arriving in a truck, you're paying for *yourself* to drive on the strip, not the car.

You'll be asked to park the truck in the outer trade area and when the car is unloaded you can move it into the non-supra area behind the grandstand if you wish.

ok cheers mate

Does anyone know if it will be possible to rent a helmet at the pod?

I don't own one, and may not be able to get hold of one before the event (unless there is somewhere nearby I can purchase one on the day). First time for me on the drag strip, and after some searching about on here, I see that it is a requirement if likely you'll be passing the line at over 100mph etc.

Any advice appreciated! :)

I have a spare helmet you can borrow, and its also available to anyone else who needs it. :)

cheers

What you need to bring:

• Driving License (participants only) NB: If you have a 'new style' license then the photocard bit is the vital piece to bring with you.
  • Membership Card (all members)

NB: If you don't have a membership card for some reason, print this off.

Bump - please don't forget these items folks! :)

As all the drift places haven't been filled for the day is their any chance of upgrading to drift on the day as well? I'm already down for drag but worried about my tyres but I may be able to bring an old set of spare rears that are past their best if I get the ok on this?