Supra Pod 2009 Discussion Thread

SteveR

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about a simple LEADER BOARD, pinned up near to the place where you get your slips ?

A plastic white board that you write on with a marker pen to record the running best times of the day.

It would need to be split up into some easy sections,

N/A TT Single Other

You would only enter your details if you were faster than the previous person.

It may be a bit busy at first, but as more people run and the times come down most people wouldn't need to fill it out.

Last year I hadn't a clue who was running what times unless I was watching at the time and knew the car.

If you think it's a good idea I'll get the stuff together (board / pen (on chain) :D) that's all we will need.

G

PS If it's already been organised - great :)

PPS Didn't see any response to Pigs Trophy idea ?

This man has a plan

But rays the roof shouldn't be allowed to use nitrous then because then he's automatically going to beat all the other N/A's!! make it fair

adam- ur still taking my trolley jack...

do we neeed helmets for drifting?

As long as I can get down the shed or if you can drop it off maybe? Thought I should see what will be there in case something doesn't work out. Friday I have to wash and polish the car before going for a meal with Hel as its our anniversary. TBH, I'd rather throw a couple of the wheels in mate:)

I just finished my discussions with Pod, they are happy for us to have passengers in the DRIFT cars, just 1 passenger only though.

Crash helmets are not strictly required for DRIFT but I want to see people using them please.

The tyre man will be on site, he will take your road wheels, take the tyres off, fit remoulds for drifting and then refit your road tyres afterwards. He will charge for this service though.

My mate has decided to go with me too, I want to put him down to run my car too on the strip and perhaps drift (as he lets me use his GTSt occasionally:eyebrows:) Do I have to pay an extra amount for a non club member even if we are both just going in my car?

I think steve is offline and I want to get this done asap :)

Update from Sky Insurance:

Unfortunately Century Motorsport and the World Record breaking MR2 have had to pull out at short notice due a couple of recent gearbox failures which need investigating.

One of our very loyal customers has kindly agreed to step in at short notice and will run on our behalf..

Another exciting car as well!

The car has a ridiculous spec list.. I wont divulge too much but it's over 800BHP!! Feel free to come and check it out on the day..

Really looking forward to Saturday.. see you there!

Thanks

Ollie and Luke

Sky Insurance

My mate has decided to go with me too, I want to put him down to run my car too on the strip and perhaps drift (as he lets me use his GTSt occasionally:eyebrows:) Do I have to pay an extra amount for a non club member even if we are both just going in my car?

I think steve is offline and I want to get this done asap :)

Spaces for drift and drag are PER PERSON Im afraid and not per car. We are allocated a certain number of competitor spaces so for every person that signs up it takes a space.

We would therefore need him to pay the full competitor fee.

regards

How about a simple LEADER BOARD, pinned up near to the place where you get your slips ?

A plastic white board that you write on with a marker pen to record the running best times of the day.

It would need to be split up into some easy sections,

N/A TT Single Other

You would only enter your details if you were faster than the previous person.

It may be a bit busy at first, but as more people run and the times come down most people wouldn't need to fill it out.

Last year I hadn't a clue who was running what times unless I was watching at the time and knew the car.

If you think it's a good idea I'll get the stuff together (board / pen (on chain) :D) that's all we will need.

G

PS If it's already been organised - great :)

PPS Didn't see any response to Pigs Trophy idea ?

The whiteboard sounds like a good idea G :thumbs: But I agree with the following:

This man has a plan

But rays the roof shouldn't be allowed to use nitrous then because then he's automatically going to beat all the other N/A's!! make it fair

If we're having a "Stock Twins" section, can we have a "stock boost pressure" and "BPU boost pressure" subsections? Gives me an outside chance to top at least one board :D

Personally: BPU? I am. Fast? Unlikely.

I'm not going backwards though:p

If you're not going to be fast, can I have a go and beat you please? ;)

Are you running Rich. We will definately have a little dual then:)

I would be interested in going up against Alex too, as I wasn't running my NA last year and would have definately gone up against him. Alex I assume you're taking the white one?

Are you running Rich. We will definately have a little dual then:)

I would be interested in going up against Alex too, as I wasn't running my NA last year and would have definately gone up against him. Alex I assume you're taking the white one?

Yep, I'll be running. My best mate's coming along and he's driving my car too, so as long as I beat him I'll be happy. I'm interested to see the difference between stock and BPU too - figures on a page are all well and good, but seeing the difference is where it counts.

Yep, I'll be running. My best mate's coming along and he's driving my car too, so as long as I beat him I'll be happy. I'm interested to see the difference between stock and BPU too - figures on a page are all well and good, but seeing the difference is where it counts.

I agree with that:) Fitting my gauges (or most of them at least) tomorrow so I should find out what exactly I am boosting. I think its around 1 to 1.1 bar. it certainly goes alright. If I'm at stock boost I'll make sure i tell you before we go up the strip. Just FYI of course, no me making excuses:innocent: