The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kebab anyone??

SimonT

A lot less than it would cost to treat the ignorant, them figures are actually pretty shocking in terms of the salt content/saturated fat allownace -I certainly didnt know that.

I generally avoid the donner type kebabs as I know what the makeup of the meat is. As said chicken shish is the way to go :)

And the key word there is IGNORANT,

everyone knows whats in them

everyone knows that they are bad for you

everyone knows that they will make you fat

people are just ignorant and will eat it anyway

especially after nights out

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool Nick, thanks.

I would not mind living in Holland for a couple of months.

Strangley I used to play tennis with a woman called Breda.

Carl

Sure it wasn't Brenda?

If you work there smoke a lot of drugs, it's the best way to forget the ridiculous amount of tax you're paying. Allegedly.

Trust me I would not play tennis will a woman called Brenda. The last set of good looking brenda's died out half a century ago.

Drugs are a good way to forget things, but not the way forward I fear. My mind forgets so much, very pleased about that.

I also firmly believe that calling people ignorant for eating kebabs when they know that it is bad for them, may not be the way forward. :)

Lamb kebab in average kebab shop in UK is poor shadow of proper doner kebab you can get in Germany for example. 2 months ago I visited my family in Berlin and we had occasion to taste kebab in famous "Hazir" restaurant (one where doner kebab was invented) - God, it was poetry of taste - you could even eat it with apetite being totally sober at the same time :D

1000 calories is not that much though. If you go to McDonalds and have a big mac, medium fries and a medium chocolate shake you are over that figure. The saturated fat in a McD meal is also about as bad. And Im sure you would all happily nip out for a McD with no thoughts that its a heart attack in a bun.

What will REALLY kill you is a curry. The calories and fat in some of those dishes is shocking.

But how else can you get home when you're drunk and not in a taxi without a homing kebab?...

I was amazed in Switzerland at the amount of kebab places they have out there, over there it's a normal thing for people at work to go and have kebabs for lunch, and (as a kebab lover), my highlight was a night in Zurich in a proper Kebab restaurant, they had candles and everything :)

Branners makes a good point. Let's look at it in a different way: American Heart attack, Turkish Heart attack, or Indian Heart attack? :)

But the attractions of a doner kebab are obvious:

1) They are obviously sexual.

2) You can't make them at home

3) There is two words to say when you order it (so its great when you are p!ssed) "Doner" then when they say "chilli sauce salad?" all you say is "yeah".

Branners makes a good point. Let's look at it in a different way: American Heart attack, Turkish Heart attack, or Indian Heart attack? :)

But the attractions of a doner kebab are obvious:

1) They are obviously sexual.

2) You can't make them at home

3) There is two words to say when you order it (so its great when you are p!ssed) "Doner" then when they say "chilli sauce salad?" all you say is "yeah".

Three words...LARGE! ;)

the kebab shop near the old St Albans Odeon cinema does Super-large kebabs in case you cant find it near Watford.

Oh yes. I used to order stuff many a time after I'd finished gigging at the Horn a few years back. We used to call it 'Salis' but I'm not sure of it's official name.

Nice reminder :)

And the other one that does bricks (or used to) is near the Watford Palace Theatre.. Harri's Kebab shop - or something. Beware though, the meat is... interesting.. Have a few drinks before.. :) Let us know what happens.

I know the one. Trouble is, I'm not the booze hound I used to be.