The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kebab anyone??

SimonT

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. But you might hope for a little more than 4%.....

Actually - what constitutes pork? I thought that technically, the pork was just the flesh. So isn't a pig only 40% pork?

Can't answer that without more info. How fat is said pig, how long are his legs, power of engines, how long is the treadmill etc.

My guess however, is that he wouldn't take off.

Doner kebabs are fantastic things after a few beers in the town. However, I've not eaten one after leaving 3/4 of a large donner on a plate overnight... some of the fat had drained out and left the entire thing resting in 1/2 inch of pure solidified fat :blink: Disgusting!

The only ones I'd ever try now are chicken Shish kebab from a decent restaurant/take away, they are lovely things and although bad on the calories are not full of fat.

Best kebab ever was a Greek place in Holland, they had layers of seasoned pork and some freshly made sauce. Sober, plastered or hungover for breakfast it was always good. :)

Had a couple here but they've been rubbish, just not up to the job of soaking up the alcohol.

Best kebab ever was a Greek place in Holland, they had layers of seasoned pork and some freshly made sauce.

They tend to be better on the continent. Sampled quite a few now from many countries (Holland especially and agree they are very good there from those that don't trade out of those little stalls :D WTF are those things about anyway, the food is like tripe!)

The best one I ever had was from a Greek take away in Friedrichshafen in the south of Germany. Still didn't beat the local Hakan (sp) for a decent meal :D

Oh yeah, the ones in Germany are great. Home of the inventor of the Kebab, who sadly passed on recently may he RIP.

The Germans call them "gyros". If they then ask "Mit Zatsiki" then you say "ya" and get this delicious yogurt, garlicy, lemon sauce over it. Much better than British doners. :)

Whereabouts in Holland Nick?

Breda

The was the place, ah memories... :)

http://www.allesinbreda.nl/item/1/182/ia182_1826718.html

They tend to be better on the continent. Sampled quite a few now from many countries (Holland especially and agree they are very good there from those that don't trade out of those little stalls :D WTF are those things about anyway, the food is like tripe!)

Some of the fast food is terrible, even when you're hammered. One place I remember sold burgers, chips, croquettes in vending machines inside the shop. They would sit there for hours festering before some p*sshead would buy it.

and i wonder how much that cost the general public?

considering everyone already knows their not healthy

A lot less than it would cost to treat the ignorant, them figures are actually pretty shocking in terms of the salt content/saturated fat allownace -I certainly didnt know that.

I generally avoid the donner type kebabs as I know what the makeup of the meat is. As said chicken shish is the way to go :)

Donner Meat Chips and Cheese with Chilli and Tomato Sauce...

:yes: :yes: :drool: :drool:

Dare i say better than a pancake :hide:

:D:D:D:D

http://www.doctorsecrets.com/your-medicine/heart-attack-picture.gif

http://www.web-books.com/eLibrary/Medicine/Cardiovascular/Images/HeartAttack.gif