The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anyone can tell whos car this is

Guest Furqan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was all up for seeing it and either stripping it for the experience or part stripping it and having a cheap track day car.......

...........but like D8moa when i asked (when it was up for £2895) if it was at all negotiable i got 'the chat' saying no and it would be readvertised for more etc......

.... i think that first weekend and when the enthusiam was high i would have settled at £2,495.....now i think i just can't be arsed with it!!!:)

why nobody help me wehn i ask here? it like you want some people to lose out? i did carry a hpi check which says the car is not a write off????? i am worry now that i buy a bad car?

why nobody help me wehn i ask here? it like you want some people to lose out? i did carry a hpi check which says the car is not a write off????? i am worry now that i buy a bad car?

People did help you. Good luck with your new purchase.

Dont panic.

From reading scooter's post it dont seem a bad buy to me, has the 6 speed box and uk brakes which he says are in good condition, good base for a tt swap i rekon.

Only pita is the heater matrix but Jezz is talking about doing some good deals on new ones 500 quid fitted.

Its rare to see old cars like this forsale in this price range that have no issues at all.

It might be ok for the money..........i never got to look inside the engine or underneath to try and work out the extent of the old damage and how long ago it may have happened.

If it was cosmetic ie Radiator, bumper, bonnet, slam panel headlights and a rear quarter scrape then yes whilst a bit or a mess and a visual 'shed' in some respects, its certainly not a wreck. Saying this it was definitely not a 'no expense spared' repair as it had no undertrays and active spoiler etc etc.

It's tatty but depending on the extent of its previous damage it may well 'drive' better than some more expensive and lovely 'looking' ones.

Anyhow a working 6 speed box/conversion and a set of good uk brakes will get you pretty much all your money back if you do discover anything major and want to get another instead :)

i did drive the car and it ran fine the breaks are ok as well. the engine is very clean but i read on here someone says it is write off but i did full hpi checking and it says that car waes not a write off. it need some work like on body but running is fine and i do have money to fix on the car

i think even if car is worth to scrap i can remov gearbox and breaks to put into another car, many people on here disprespect me but i dont understand why this is

We are trying to help. I advised you to not drive the car until you get the heater matrix done because there is a tenable link between by-passed heater matrix's and then head gaskets blowing ask Gav he'll show you the evidence he's put together on the topic. I had a car with a by-passed heater matrix and a recently replaced head gasket, the car lasted about 1000 miles and the gasket went again. It would be very silly to blow a head gasket for the lack of taking a bit of advice. It wasn't hugely expensive car considering the brakes and gearbox so you certainly haven't been robbed blind. Bit of TLC and getting the important stuff sorted out first and in good time will probably see you in a reasonable motor.

small updates for you- the heating matrix not damage it was thermostat which now replaced and plus loose soldering in heating control panel which also ficxed, now heating work fine :)

no leaking matrix, heating back in car, now i will respray plus add turbo engine