The mkiv Supra Owners Club

North West Le Mans 2009

Mrs H

I know it's possibly a bit late, but would I still be able to go to this? What costs should I expect if I can? What tends to happen at these things? :D

The Toyota Sprint Series event which clashed has now been postponed (to a date I can't attend :() so it frees me up.. :)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know it's possibly a bit late, but would I still be able to go to this? What costs should I expect if I can? What tends to happen at these things? :D

The Toyota Sprint Series event which clashed has now been postponed (to a date I can't attend :() so it frees me up.. :)

Would be great if you could come along Alex. It was not too much of an expensive trip last year. We are not staying in a hotel for the crossing this year so its about £40 for the ferry. in total it was about4/5 tanks of fuel but that is from manchester. Camping was free due to some nifty negotiations by Mr H :D

Tickets for the racing were about £90 for the weekend IIRC and then food and drink.

We took camping gear and just got stuff from the supermarket last year.

We are then staying in abbeyville for the return leg on the sunday night and I think currently if you speak to IanIan (shytot) there may be a chance of sharing a room but its not my room to offer :)

Erm, well..!!

Most of our trips consist of a long jaunt down to Dover, cross over to Calais or Dunkerque. Drive down to Le Mans with a few stops along the way...:eyebrows:

Cost are generally, £80 for your ferry but we paid £40 going to Dunkerque.....:) £50 for your race ticket, 3 - 4 tanks of fuel depending on where you live in the UK. Maybe £30 for toll charges if we leg it down the motorway all the way there and back. Also there is a stay in a hotel on the Sunday night £65. I reckon that you'll get through a hundred quid with eating & drinking etc. All being well, we should not have any camping fees as we have a nice little spot that we hijack near the circuit. Hopefully the Police have not stopped people staying there yet..!!

It's a strange one to try and price as you can go silly drinking in the bars and it depends where you eat. I used to go with 4 of us in a car and I got change out of £200. Taking the Supe as a couple with a 6 year old in the back works out at about £500 tops..!!

Hope this helps and I also hope that you join us..!!;)

H.

Looks like the Ferry is no problem (£57), I have a tent (not opened it for years, I'll check it hasn't been eaten), I'll ask IanIan about the room and double check I can get the time off work.

Would I be paying for the race ticket in cash? How much would it be recommended to change? I'm a very light drinker (thankfully) so I'm hoping that might 'save' me a bit. :D

I haven't driven outside of the UK before, need to make sure I have everything covered. :)

Looks like the Ferry is no problem (£57), I have a tent (not opened it for years, I'll check it hasn't been eaten), I'll ask IanIan about the room and double check I can get the time off work.

Would I be paying for the race ticket in cash? How much would it be recommended to change? I'm a very light drinker (thankfully) so I'm hoping that might 'save' me a bit. :D

I haven't driven outside of the UK before, need to make sure I have everything covered. :)

Cool, be good if ya can come along Alex

The ticket booths took either cash or cards so its up to you really. I dont remember taking that much cash last year but im going to Germany too so im going to get some euros for both.

We will sort out driving in france nearer the time as you need a few things to be legal

Smare bulb kit, GB sticker, floresant jacket in the car - those are the ones I can remember :)

Smare bulb kit, GB sticker, floresant jacket in the car - those are the ones I can remember :)

If H is leading the way, remember to pack an extra large map of Rouen. :innocent: I'm envious. It's coming up very quickly :)

We spent loads more than that last time we went, grandstand seats, loads to drink/eat etc,etc, wouldn`t mind going tbh.

Get ya name down then fella only a few weeks away.

If H is leading the way, remember to pack an extra large map of Rouen. :innocent: I'm envious. It's coming up very quickly :)

Wont be the same trip without meeting random supras in Rouen. Would not mind he had a tom tom last year and still managed to have words with a tram :D

Guys, who has the link for the graphics site, I need to have a look at what I want :)

Mike, it's in this thread i'm just going to e-mail them to find out if we can have the le mans track with wigan to le mans in the middle for both doors.:)

:D when we having a meeting for this Guys n Gals ?

22 sleeps !! :D

Cheers

-Ian

I'm ordering my stickers today as I have left it a little late agian.....:rolleyes: WE probably need to meet up next week to work out who is bringing what?

I suggest the bank holiday Monday if no one is busy??

H.

I'm ordering my stickers today as I have left it a little late agian.....:rolleyes: WE probably need to meet up next week to work out who is bringing what?

I suggest the bank holiday Monday if no one is busy??

H.

im at work bank holiday monday :( so it will have to be later on say 8pm at the Charnley or Wiggin Tree ? if it the monday that is............. im off tue wed thu fri next week

Cheers

-Ian-

im at work bank holiday monday :( so it will have to be later on say 8pm at the Charnley or Wiggin Tree ? if it the monday that is............. im off tue wed thu fri next week

Cheers

-Ian-

I'm working until 6pm on Bank Holiday monday but i'm off tuesday, wednesday, thursday night next week too.

This is Lynz by the way just can't be bothered logging in!:)

Happy to have the planning meet at ours one night next week (not Tuesday) or wait until the following week then Mike can join us. Thoughts? :)

Vicki x

Any night time meeting cool with me Vicki dont matter if im working or not :D

Cheers

-Ian-