The mkiv Supra Owners Club

honesty needed..

supraspeed

Problem is, most Supra boxes will take the power (its only allegeldy just above BPU power) its the torque and how brutally its delivered with a single that will kill the box.

Only really the V160 id want to try on that. At a push an auto, with loads of coolers and drop the boost, but its a halfway house, and converting it all to auto would cost around the same sort of price as a V160 anyway.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a Dad with a son who eats money I can see exactly where your folks are coming from in not helping you financially until you get sensible with your spending.

And the reason your Dad's got a Maser is because he worked hard to get the money bring you up and now you're independant he can afford it.

sorry buddy :)

you seem to be taking it well though :) and i've still got 1k in my account ;)

and ive still got those tyres lol

after all the s**t ive had to deal with from this car and people its got to the point where i feel physically sick and just want to throw it off a fu**ing cliff along with the seller! i just can't deal with the fact ive spent nearly 2 years worth of earnings onto a car thats not worth anything! i'l look like a right tit if i sell it for peanuts. i hate my life!:(

and ive still got those tyres lol

after all the s**t ive had to deal with from this car and people its got to the point where i feel physically sick and just want to throw it off a fu**ing cliff along with the seller! i just can't deal with the fact ive spent nearly 2 years worth of earnings onto a car thats not worth anything! i'l look like a right tit if i sell it for peanuts. i hate my life!:(

I guess it been a hard lesson, but you'll learn from your mistakes

sometimes you just have to cut your losses, I've had to do that plenty of times this year unfotunately.

Think Tom is right - some supras are worth more in parts than as a car. Stupid as the market is. I think you'd be surprised how much you'd get if you break it. There are some valuable bits on it.

Wheels/brakes/turbo (Depending what it is)/intercooler/gearbox/suspension/engine/exhaust - just the hassle of it I guess. You can't be that far from whifbitz being in hertfordshire?

I am interested in bits of your car if you decide to break it.

theres about 60 guys at my work waiting for me to claim defeat on this car project which is going to be the embarassing bit...and my dad saying "i told you so, should have kept the teg..." i hate it when he's right

you'll get over it :)

afterall you gave it a shot and in a year or 2 you'll prob have another which will hopefully be a nice reliable example

Think Tom is right - some supras are worth more in parts than as a car. Stupid as the market is. I think you'd be surprised how much you'd get if you break it. There are some valuable bits on it.

Wheels/brakes/turbo (Depending what it is)/intercooler/gearbox/suspension/engine/exhaust - just the hassle of it I guess. You can't be that far from whifbitz being in hertfordshire?

I am interested in bits of your car if you decide to break it.

yeah whifbitz are prob the ppl i'l use to check my car over for the spec and see if they can help. i was hoping i'd get a skyline r33 gtr for next car as there cheap at the moment but looks like parts alone won't get that....might have to get a gt4 instead :rolleyes:

GT4 is a good car, get one thats already had a clutch change ;)

in my head I think you can break your car for 3-4k, but it would be over a long period of time

but personally I dont think anyone would pay more than 2k for it as it is, that's about as much as I'd go if I really wanted it. obviously you could sell the car cheaper and keep parts back to sell on , ie interior, wheels etc

Edited by Tom (see edit history)

Best of luck with what you decide. Pls send me a pm if you unfortunately decide to break it.

Whifbitz is the most capable garage I have ever used - nothing I have thrown at them yet has baffled them. It'll be in good hands at least.

yeah cheers. hopefully new year will bring better luck.

If you are handy with spanners then i would strip the single off and return it back to stock, too many unknowns with the current setup

If you need a bit of cash for a runabout then sell the tubby kit, sell the wheels, sell the seats. That should get you a little runabout.

Selling it as standard albeit with a lairy paintjob will be an easier sale.

If i were you i would cut my losses put it down to experience and let your folks help you get on the property ladder.

Pride is one thing but plowing £ after £ in to what essentially is a shed will not help you long term, whats that saying - "you can't polish a turd"

what model code does it have on the vin plate ?

Incidentally that bumper looks like an easy fix to me assuming the panel behind isn't banana'd.

All the best with it, but from the looks of things you are going to take a hit so pucker up and take it buddy :(

theres about 60 guys at my work waiting for me to claim defeat on this car project which is going to be the embarassing bit...and my dad saying "i told you so, should have kept the teg..." i hate it when he's right

Perhaps had you listened to the advice you had sort you'd now have a decent running car.

As the others have said, your car is worth more in parts, the interior is brilliant and will easily sell, as would the brakes & wheels and exhaust. The ECU is tricky, if it's an unlocked unit it'll sell, if it's password protected then it's worthless. The NAT kit, if it's XS power then it's worth more in scrap but if it's say a PHR kit then it'll be worth a few quid.

To sell as whole wouldn't be easy though as Jamie says, there's one born every minute- how many idiots want an orange Supra that's had at least one big smack and is naive enough to think the gearbox and mapping is a cheap fix?

I'd break it or burn it.

You'r not the first and i'm sure you wont be the last to waste time and cash on a car, i've done it more than once in my life time and i'm sure i will do it again before i've finished.

Anybody that says owning cars isn't expensive is telling lies, it's how expensive than matters :D

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and i'm sure the lads and lasses on the forum will help you were possible ;)

And your dad told you to get a sensible car :rolleyes:

That's what I thought. Would you keep the GT4 stock? Really?

I'd suggest breaking the supra too. As a going concern, a potential buyer would hammer you so hard on the price, it would hardly be worth your while.

It's very hard to sell anything right now (credit crunch etc). It's even harder to sell sports cars. It's even harder to sell a sports car that doesn't work properly.... unless you let it go for peanuts. I read a thread on here this morning where a member has bought a L-reg BMW for £150! The engine had blown, but that's not a million miles from the situation your supra's in.

Your work colleagues can swivel. Don't worry about them, just laugh it off. It takes a big man to admit he's a made a mistake and then correct it. You're not an idiot for making mistakes, you'd be an idiot if you didn't learn something from them. :)

Supraspeed...............

can i ask how many miles you've put on the car since you got it..............estimated pre and post the prang would be good.

What would you take for it less the wheels, and interior/dash etc?

ta

about 120 miles since and around 85000 miles pre

i couldn't say how much at the moment till i know what the spec is under the bonnet