The mkiv Supra Owners Club

verry very annoyed still crash

buster

I heard on 5th gear a few years back that if you call them up saying that you were a clamping company and that you were looking for the owner of the car as they damaged your clamp then they'd give you the details...... :D

else they come up with the data protection act excuse.

iv been told today that if u give the dvla a good reson that they will give u the address for the reg number of a car so will try to moz and if it works he will be in for a shock!!!

It can be done but I believe most reasons could be illegal (i.e. lying about the curcumstances). Check with youyr local police first and see if they can help or advise what options are open to you. As mentioned, leaving the scene is taken quite seriously. In my experience it's best to drop by your local station and speak to someone directly.

You need form V888 which you can download from the DVLA.

Requesting information after an accident is considered reasonable:

"You should include as much supporting evidence as possible including, for example, copies of estimates for repair for a damaged vehicle. Please note that the Agency will not normally release information in respect of an allegation of damage to a vehicle to anyone who is not the registered keeper, or does not provide written authority from the registered keeper of the damaged vehicle."

Hope this helps?

He is clearly a tw*t so I would not be suprised if when you report him and the police get in touch with him he says that you ran in the back of him and then you fled the scene but due to the minor nature of the damage to his vehicle he chose not to report it and that you have made the allegation against him to cover your back.

The only possible sollution would have been to get your friend in the passenger seat to call the police when you were following him and they could have met him at his home when he arrived. Even then your word against his. Basically you are screwed either way.

Have you thought about local radio for the witness? Probably your only hope.