The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm buying a Supra

Stonkin

Hi and welcome. I'm new here too.....only registered last week.

I bought a black 93 UK TT Auto (94,500 miles) in September for £9,500. My insursance is only £570 with elephant. I'm 23 with 5 years NCB and the car is stanadard apart from 18" alloys.

I'd recommend buying a Supra TT. It's a great car, if very expensive to run and service etc.

I'm actually thinking of selling it later this year and getting something slightly more practical, like a Scooby or a Type R. I'll wait and see. These cars are very much in demand, but I'd wait for the right car to come along as a dog will cost a lot to repair.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What he said was true, but what he failed to mention is that the J-SPECs are not actually treated with any protective coating/understeal etc as the UK's are, so if you get a nice J-spec on salt free roads, I wouldnt mind betting that they'll soon start rusting up after a couple of winters over here.

Hmm I wonder what all the stuff is under my car. Looks very factory to me. May be it was an option.

Were any cars produced with just siungle turbos, were they uk or jap spec? i always presumed it was just 3.0 N/A and twin turbos

But through reading more i seem to be wrong

You were right the first time, just n/a and twin turbo's, I've spoken to so many people that think they made a single from factory, I have know clue why! Although a lot of people are going single these days which could be a reason, some guy the other day said 'why would you fit a single turbo' 'surely 2 stock turbo's are quicker' err no...

Hmm I wonder what all the stuff is under my car. Looks very factory to me. May be it was an option.

Why would it be an option for a country that have no salted roads? Perhaps you were lucky to have it done when it was SVA'd. Phil, Im suprised you can see anything under your car if you've been driving your car this winter - other than salt! :p

Hi there and welcome. Im also pretty new to the supra site.

Being 23 too and only just reinsuring my uk TT6 supe i found that admiral were the best, with 5yrs ncb plus protected they quoted me £465 fully comp, thats as standard, or with my mods (the usual bpu) its £650, which is pretty awesome quote i think :eyebrows: . I was in the same situation as u 12months ago, lookin for a uk supe , but i was intent on gettin the 6speed, took me 4months of waiting b4 one popped up in northern ireland, so b4 anyone else could snap it up i easyjetted over there 2see it. It had a full toyota service, one owner, no mods, £1000 plate and 110,000 miles, which i wasnt too bothered about as the engines bomb proof if well serviced, all for £8500. So i bought it. The only probs were misted front light and rips in drivers seat. Since having it ive not had a single prob with it, its been ultra reliable and isnt that bad on the motion lotion considering the bhp its got. Id well recommend the supras mate and aslong as u keep them serviced etc you'll get 1000's of miles of hassle free motoring. altho tyres car be expensive if you've got a heavy right foot :rolleyes: . good luck with the search. theres a nice black uk auto on autotrader at the mo

What he said was true, but what he failed to mention is that the J-SPECs are not actually treated with any protective coating/understeal etc as the UK's are, so if you get a nice J-spec on salt free roads, I wouldnt mind betting that they'll soon start rusting up after a couple of winters over here.

I've owned 2 JDM Supra's and been under lots of them. I've never yet seen any Supra without proper underseal.

I think you may be right if we were talking about Impreza's. I have seen Impreza's without underseal...

I've owned 2 JDM Supra's and been under lots of them. I've never yet seen any Supra without proper underseal.

I think you may be right if we were talking about Impreza's. I have seen Impreza's without underseal...

AFAIK that is correct. I was going to have mine undersealed juat after I bought it because I had heard the "Jap cars aren't undersealed" stories. It's not a one-size-fits-all rule. Some are, some aren't. Supras are.

supradibbs, i live in Bracknell, why do u ask?

mpryde, yeah i've seen that one, its 165 miles from me, which to be honest i'm realising i'm gona have to travel to find the car i want. I just dont wana go and travel that far yet without having sold mine first cos if i fall in love with it i'm gona be buggered. Scoob is going up for sale this w'end, its a gorgeous car with great history and some nice basic extras so i hope it will go quickly and to a good home

Stonkin, i'm in the Guildford area so if you see one my way that you fancy a look at i'd be happy to have a look and give my opinion. I've had 4 so know how it should drive and whats normal / not normal etc......

.......you should get yourself along to the Fairmile in Cobham for the start of April meet, an hour or so chatting to owners is invaluable imo......

Why would it be an option for a country that have no salted roads? Perhaps you were lucky to have it done when it was SVA'd. Phil, Im suprised you can see anything under your car if you've been driving your car this winter - other than salt! :p

Have you ever been to northern Japan in the winter? Damn site colder than UK and tons of snow, defintely salt on the roads there.

The Japanese only tend to keep their cars max 5years, before buying a new one, which is probably why it could have been an option.

Have you ever been to northern Japan in the winter? Damn site colder than UK and tons of snow, defintely salt on the roads there.

Well that blows the no salt on the roads in Japan point out of the water then.

My brothers RX7 didnt come undersealed, it was an option he requested during the SVA at extra cost. Just seems a bit wishy washy, ie some may and others may not have had it done etc.

I bought my first Supra TT last weekend and my face is aching because i cant stop grinning ! I cant believe how user friendly it is , my nan could drive it as long as she kept the second turbo out . LOL

Ive had more comments and people just stop and look as i drive past , the best driving experience ive had .

Good luck with the search , you could always give Miami GT a bell !

this is one car i'm thinking of but it is very far from me (leeds), its the first 2 pics http://gallery33330.fotopic.net/p8671505.html

For Sale - 1995-N Supra Twin Turbo UK CAR

Completely Standard Throughout - Hpi Clear

Covered 88,000 Miles with FSH (Mainly Toyota)

12 Months MOT,

Usual Spec: Biege leather, Aircon, Pas, ABS, Cruise Control, Traction Control, Heated Seats etc... etc..