The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What a c**** !

Bender

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

chances are this police man had nothing better to do, saw a nice sports car and decided "duh i know i will stop dis person cos he has a very fast nice looking sports car and has loads o money cos its modded up, and just to put my quota up i am gonna give a stupid reason for stopping him and present da ticket, duh duh duh dribble dribble"

Same thing happened to my cousin in his celica when he got stopped, police man said he went past a red light when he did not, and i was was behind my cousin and we went past the same traffic light.

Quite worried about this I have to say.

I've just purchased a Red N/A Facelift off Miles and it's quite loud. Have a mechanic buddy who said if you get pulled they can call for a decibel test to charge you, but that fact that you got one just because this guy thought so...quite scared by that prospect.

In that case I am surprised Buster hasn't been done yet too, his car is mega noisy lol.

:eyebrows:

chances are this police man had nothing better to do, saw a nice sports car and decided "duh i know i will stop dis person cos he has a very fast nice looking sports car and has loads o money cos its modded up, and just to put my quota up i am gonna give a stupid reason for stopping him and present da ticket, duh duh duh dribble dribble"

Same thing happened to my cousin in his celica when he got stopped, police man said he went past a red light when he did not, and i was was behind my cousin and we went past the same traffic light.

Rubbish. I've owned the 964 for 7 years and NEVER been stopped by the police. The idea that they target you because you have a nice car is a very weak argument.

I think it's quite hilarious that people think it's unreasonable that you are fined for having an illegally loud exhaust - which is anti-social to many people. But if somebody nicks your tyre valve caps, they deserve a beating with a baseball bat.

Perspective anybody?

Rubbish. I've owned the 964 for 7 years and NEVER been stopped by the police. The idea that they target you because you have a nice car is a very weak argument.

I think it's quite hilarious that people think it's unreasonable that you are fined for having an illegally loud exhaust - which is anti-social to many people. But if somebody nicks your tyre valve caps, they deserve a beating with a baseball bat.

Perspective anybody?

Good post. Amazing how fast we can slip into the role of the unfairly persecuted victim when it suits.

so if a copper said your car i too low you have to rectify it?

or it has a illegal body kit or too bigger wheels?

so police make up the laws now?

what if hes in a bad mood

The law regarding the volume of exhausts has already been quoted. I don't remember anybody suggesting that non standard wheels or bodykit were illegal.

I'm also pretty sure that - whether you agree with it or not - the law is written down, and doesn't include the phrase "unless the policeman is in a bad mood, in which case he can do whatever he wants".

True :(

Which part of the fact that you broke the law and hence got fined you do find unreasonable?

I speed sometimes. I'd be annoyed if I got caught. However - I realise I'm speeding, I'd accept that I got a ticket because of that and not "because the policeman was in a bad mood".

Your exhaust is too loud. Either live with it and pay the fine if / when you get stopped. Or put a quieter exhaust on.

Which part of the fact that you broke the law and hence got fined you do find unreasonable?

I speed sometimes. I'd be annoyed if I got caught. However - I realise I'm speeding, I'd accept that I got a ticket because of that and not "because the policeman was in a bad mood".

Your exhaust is too loud. Either live with it and pay the fine if / when you get stopped. Or put a quieter exhaust on.

It's loud but :D but not that much that exhaust not sound like jumbo jet. The true is if policeman want find something he find he also check my tyres, insurannce etc but he find almost nothing (exhaust) he be the one who don't like whole world so I always want have Supra with right exhaust and I take a risk (I don't will be pay becasue he don't like my exhaust)

ps. when I been in policeman car and I look for my car I can say only one thing SHE LOOKS SO SEXY :cool:

so if a copper said your car i too low you have to rectify it?

or it has a illegal body kit or too bigger wheels?

so police make up the laws now?

what if hes in a bad mood

The point is that the laws are already there for them to tell you to change your exhaust. For the most part, they simply don't enforce them.

Ooops, too late. Somehow I forgot to read an entire page of replies. How's that for n00bish.