The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Goodyear F1s, Falken 452s or Toyo T1Rs?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all !

Having had my car back from the garage this week, with a few suspension problems, the mechanic advised me to get two tyres asap, has this is not helping the matter ! :(

Whilst reading a few threads in the week regarding tyres, i opted for the falkens, as most people on here have given them a good name, and used the link "tricky ricky" gave WWW. FALKENTYRES.CO.UK

Phoned them up 1.00pm yest. afternoon, 2 tyres fk452's 235/40/18 £83.00 each inc. vat with delivery(£10) total £176 odd !!

Delivered 11.00am this morn., what can i say :)

" OUTSTANDING PRICE & OUTSTANDING SERVICE " well worth a look if in need of tyres !! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

camskill.co.uk are worth a go too and are a little cheaper....

Yep just bought myself a set of fronts for my BMW and a set of rears for my Supra (265/35/18 for £98.50 each) and camskill came in cheapest and include vat and delivery in the listed tyre prices. Falkentyres.co.uk wanted £106.02 each plus £10 delivery too bringing them to £111.02 per tyre - £12.52 more per tyre. Both sites were a good chunk cheaper than mytyres.co.uk though who seemed to have slipped a bit in pricing.

Cheers,

Brian.

• 2 months later...
lol i was all decided, and now you've gone and said that arghhh

Funny how different forums rate different things, they get slated on PH, loads of threads like this.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=605033&hw=+%2Bfalken&nmt=Another%20Tyre%20Topic

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=592064&hw=+%2Bfalken&nmt=Thinking%20of%20taking%20a%20gamble%20with%20Falkens%20(again!)

Had Falken 452's on my Monaro and hated them, awefull tyre imo.

have to agree with Jamie here, i went straight from Toyos to Falkens and on my fave roundabout i was stunned at how much less drive out of the roundabout i got with the Falkens (Toyos were 265, Falkens 275!) with the Toyos i could mash the throttle in a straight line in the pouring rain and the RLTC would sought everything out, with the Falkens i tried this once and never again :( not even the RLTC could hold the car, the Falkens IMO are too hard a compound, yes they last a long time but at the cost of grip, i now have Bridgestone Potenza RE050A all round, i have not had chance to really test the rears yet due to the weather but the grip from the Potenzas previously fitted on the fronts under heavy braking easily exeeds the grip from the Toyos