The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another respray thread (AFR tuning related)

mwilkinson

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When do you think you'lll get it back?

Well like I said bfore the bodyshop are being great and letting me keep the car there for the moment. The delay is the Trial bumper from Japan. I have just been informed it wont be here until the start of October!! :(

On that note probably mid October the car should be done. Then I have the job of rebuilding the interior and getting the thing serviced. Then, yes then, I will be able to play with it :D

• 4 months later...

Well its been a while. I finally got the rear bumper and then it was Christmas and New Year etc... I have been very busy and rebuilding the car myself I have been slow to get things going again. However, I have started to make progress again. Here are some update pictures. I have the week off and will be going down to finish the exterior this week.

The masking tape on the side skirt areas is where we have been test fitting the skirts to get them to fit just right. The genuine trial rear fitted like a dream. The diffuser has now been painted satin black.

Going to sort out the UK Spec caliper colour this week, then fit them with 3G GR20 discs, front and rear and endless sss pads. Opted to leave the main opening on the bumper without mesh as the intercooler sat perfectly in the opening. I have bought some aluminium sheet, expanding foam tape and seals to duct the bumper properly. I have also purchased a carbon fibre APR cooling plate.

Slowly its getting there. Should hopefully have some better pictures later this week.

• 4 months later...

Well at long last I have pulled my finger out and finished the job and yes, the car is back :D

In addition to the respray I had to have replace the whole drivetrain from gearbox back, so new prop, TT Diff from jamieP, driveshafts from Paul W, new rear bearings, seals and flanges etc... She drives so well and has never felt so under control. The paintjob is great and she looks loverly in the sun. The UK spec brakes work a treat.

I would like to thanks Jay and Martin from Esser Works for doing such a great job on the spray and putting up with me throughout the rebuild (It's taken a year!!). Also thanks to Tom (THworks) for doing all the mechanical work and service.

Went for an MOT on Saturday and passed without a single fault.

Here are a few snaps: