• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello?

Lol, sorry Gaz, completely missed that post :D

Yeah when I say UK lip I just mean the active lip :)

I've already decided to go with the Seibon TS full carbon lip (same style as Wings West & RMM), should match my RMM full carbon rear spoiler nicely :)

Gotchya. Seen a few people comment on 'uk lips' yet could never find out what they were refering too.

Thanks.

I always refer to them as UK lips, I guess it comes from the fact they were standard equipment on UK's where as they weren't on J-Specs :)

You can get carbon fibre versions :sly::eyebrows:

I think the Top Secret ones are only CF, not sure if it would touch my exhaust though :(

• 1 month later...

I liked the idea of a flat underbody supra BUT as pointed out, exhaust becomes a fire hazard and temps soar!

If you looking for a little more grip in the rear place the battery in the passenger REAR corner, next to the spare wheel as that corner is said to be the lightest part of the car in terms of weight

Posted via Mobile Device

If you flat bottom the car you run the risk of turning the entire car into an aerofoil, if you get the balance wrong you can flip over backwards like an Ultima a few years ago, and the Merc CLK's at Le Mans. This is what happened to JUN at Bonneville in their RX7. They didn't flat bottom the Akira Supra when they went back a few years later.

with regard to a flat bottom i think this post demonstrates how easy it is to get it wrong, with something like the Ultima you have the perfect shape for a proper flat bottom in that you have nothing under the car no exhaust, drive shaft, gearbox etc, i read somewhere the Ultima does generate quite a bit of downforce but unless you have access to a wind tunnel any mods could very easily lose this and as mentioned by Gazboy above obviously did in the case of this Ultima

What one did you go with?

I think the TS one is the best but it means definetly changing the bodywork to make it look right on mine, to much money to do that:( so went for the ab-flug one.

The TS does come in 3parts but got qouted over a grand, but it looks the nuts with all the add-ons.

Sorry Jay, only just got around to replying.

In general I would say leave well alone. At best you're going to create a car that has variable downforce with ride height. Fine if you live on a race circuit, not so good on HM highways. Imagine going into a corner with say, 500kg of downforce. You turn in to the limit of grip then you hit a bump which raises the ride height of the car and you lose 300kg of that downforce. Your next stop will be the hedgerow.

However, the chances of actually getting the thing to generate decent downforce to start with is going to be quite slim without a good deal of aero analysis. Fitting a splitter may well give you a low pressure region underneath it, but is that now killing flow to another area of the car?

If you fit just a diffuser, you may be able to get additional rear downforce from it, but it's going to be pitch sensitive and will most likely stall when you brake into a corner (which is when you're going to want it).

There's an almost endless opportunity to cock things up, and a very small window of becoming a aerodynamic superstar!

:blink:what i think i missed that, well the diffuser sounds like a bad idea. mmmm I think ill try and cancel mine now. Fek spinning at high speed just to have the back look super cool:(

cheers Tlicence

Actually question for Tlicence- Is there a bigger chance the diffuser will do nothing at all to the car or a bigger chance the diffuser will fook the areodynamic of the supra up?

Edited by supratoy
extra question (see edit history)