Is a VW R32 faster than a BPU supra?!

adnanshah247

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think its also fair to say that the R32 despite being a lard arse would be quicker round bends than a Supra. Although I cant confrim that, its just me guestimating based on the old RWD vs 4WD debate...

It's not a super fandango 4wd system, it's not even a bog basic quattro, just cheapo haldex style job iirc.

That's no excuse, it's a hire car so you should be driving it like you stole it. It's like an unwritten law.

Exactly right, i was in work's Audi A6 the other day and i was driving that like i stole it! I got so many looks as i went past other people! :)

I bet they thought...hmmm...drug dealer lol...:D

That's no excuse, it's a hire car so you should be driving it like you stole it. It's like an unwritten law.

In reverse ;)

.wal nettirwnu na ekil s'tI .it elots uoy ekil ti gnivird eb dluohs ouy os rac erih a s'ti ,esucxe on s'tahT

:blink:

A friend of mine runs a R32 ... I had a drive with it last week (never drove one before).

I was really disappointed ... pulls nice in the first two gears (similar to a Golf GTI) but from 3rd gear on, my wife's Citroen XSARA HDI will not be lost that much behind :p

To be fair to the Golf, it's a suped up family car. The Supra was designed to be a supercar slayer, and with a few tweeks it still is. You should be taking your Supra to trackdays and trying to mix it with the Porsches, TVRs + M3s, which is what it was designed to do.

9Unxbuxbm_w

I spent a while looking at R32s not so long ago and was close to selling the Supra with a view to getting one and either adding a supercharger or a turbo... but then I did the sums and worked out that I'd be spending close to £30k in the end for a car that's common as muck, the R32 just doesn't look special enough with it's generic Passat style front and it's normal Golf looks. It's subtle and to some degree that's what I want but it needs that edge to give it the "look back as you walk away when parked up" appeal that the Supra has.

The R32 is built well, the seats are lovely, the interior is a really nice place to be etc but tax band G, crap economy, limited performance for a flagship car and the high price mean there are much better options for less cash.

Maybe one with the R36 lump and a turbo could be interesting though...

Standard ones get to 60 quick enough but then it's all a bit of a chore:

qtzyXwef8FI

A mildly tuned one will get to 100mph in about 13.5 seconds though....

hTrJIvpmaaQ

The good thing is that tuning parts are pretty cheap from the US and Europe and because the cars are so common there are lots to choose from - if you do decide to go up against an R32 and lose don't feel too bad about it.... this is what got me thinking about them, keep the looks standard and spend the money elsewhere:

3N7EH7QFlNU

2PbTmjLfZnM

I'd expect a Supra (BPU) vs R32 (tuned) race to be a lot like this depending on driver skill of course:

SrCYX0RowGk

OK MY FRIENDS!!!! HAD THE RACE THIS MORNING AT A TOP SECRET LOCATION!!!

RESULTS WERE:-

1ST RACE - SUPRA PIS*ED ALL OVER THE R32

2ND RACE - SUPRA PIS*ED ALL OVER THE R32

3RD RACE - R32 WITH A HEAD START - SUPRA PIS*ED ALL OVER THE R32!!!!!

massively shocked with the R32. the gearbox is brilliant but the engine combined with its heavy ass really let it down. even from the start 0-60 my sup wheel spinned a lot but toar past the R32, i was expecting it to take off having 4WD.

7-0 !!! Result!!! i have now retired from racing my friend who has stated 'F*k U man u cheated...........................' LOL sore looser.....