The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VVTi Tiptronic Speedm8 speedo converter

spartan

I must have sold my HKS SLD - it's not there.

Rooting through my old files I found one I must have done when I was taking it out. It connects to the mysterious B76 Pin 3 and 6.HKS SLD my diag.jpg

So mine was actually connected to the auto box solenoid as per HKS instructions and produced undesirable effects of hesitation and flashing TRAC lights. Maybe it was faulty, but I think not.

Maybe their T6 one is improved, I'll leave it for someone else to try. The chance of me doing more than 100 leptons nowadays in very slight so I give up there.

In summary - I'll stand by my previous million comments, there's no known satisfactory solution aside from ECU swap. Would love to be corrected.

Edited by Pete (see edit history)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've managed to find the elusive English instructions for the SLD T6. On page 13, it makes reference to the car being locked in overdrive at high speed, though it is possible to manually change down. I think.

http://www.e-bookspdf.org/view/aHR0cDovL2Rvd25sb2Fkcy5ta2l2LmRlL0Rvbi9UZWNobmlrL0hLU19TTEQvSEtTX1NMRF9UNi5wZGY=/SGtzIEVsZWN0cm9uaWNzIFRlY2hub2xvZ3kgU2xkIFQ2IC0gVG95b3RhIFN1cHJh

That's the wiring diagram, not the full instructions :p

Could we sticky a definitive guide on the forum for future reference? :)

Apologies. ;)

We usually try to upload files to the forum so they are archived for future rather than relying on links. Attached here for now.

I'll put together a thread which can be moved to the docs section with all info for the HKS SLD's in one place.

- - - Updated - - -

hi !

I have a VVTI Tip tronic.

I used the HKS SLD II and it workd properly...

If you want I can look how I plugged it...

Would be interesting to know if it matched how mine was connected.

You don't get flashing TRAC lights?

HKS_SLD_T6.pdf