The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trial rear

Guest CoolsBlue

Guest CoolsBlue

Would like a replica trail rear for my supra, traders welcome, kinda in a rush for this so cant wait long;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt, seen their kits. not brilliantly made. very thin. do a search, they applied for trader membership but got rejected due to quality of the stuff they were selling.

Thanks for pointin this out mate as i was gona get kit from these guys,gona have a rethink now

our trial bumper is made using 900 gram weight of fiberglass. not thin at all. actually it is thicker than most. if anyone saw us and the bumper at Japshow last weekend they would agree. We've sold a lot of these now and the fitment is guaranteed or your money back. We were rejected on the membership but its funny as the poll ended up in our favour quite strongly. We will be looking to apply again very soon as we have a nice portfolio of people who we have sold kits to who are extremely happy with our products. We are now making all our supra kits in store here in the UK to the highest quality.

Guest CoolsBlue

do me a trial rear for £150 delivered, when i get it fitted ill post pics of your kit fitted, then i guess itll be easier to get accepted on the forum, c'mon

hahaha, in a perfect world we would give you one. thanks but we have quite a few pics of it fitted for now. thanks for the offer though. like we say the fitment is guaranteed or your money back. if you are only in northampton then how about this: You can come down to us and we'll gave you a hand fitting it here. Will save you on the shipping costs. we're only 1hr away. this way if it doesn't fit you dont even have to pay us, however i guarantee you will be leaving with a trial bumper on the back of your supra and a few quid poorer....but smiling

hahaha, in a perfect world we would give you one. thanks but we have quite a few pics of it fitted for now. thanks for the offer though. like we say the fitment is guaranteed or your money back. if you are only in northampton then how about this: You can come down to us and we'll gave you a hand fitting it here. Will save you on the shipping costs. we're only 1hr away. this way if it doesn't fit you dont even have to pay us, however i guarantee you will be leaving with a trial bumper on the back of your supra and a few quid poorer....but smiling

So did you have your tradership accepted????

Also saw your kits at the pod cant say i was impressed sorry

flimsy? we used three layers of 300 gram weight fiberglass matting. any more and the bumper would be too heavy, any less and the bumper would be too flimsy. we can make a thicker bumper but it would be too heavy for the screw fitments. Trial themselves use a matting weight of 750 so theirs is even more flimsy than our one. As for the top middle section we kinda had to cram eveything into the van so may have been squashed. but once it was on the car and when it is sitting on top of the rear panel it straightens itself out.

Do you doing the buddyclub rear's for a 92-95 civic coupe again? Because I tried to order one before (nearly a year ago) but you replaced it with an awful looking rear bumper, yet the picture of the nice one is still on your website.

The bumper looked extremley flemsie and the part between the lights was not stright at all

I agree, even the non-supra kits looked a little if-ish. Having bought a genuine do-luck bumper and seen the unfinished product compared to these, I was very dissappointed with the replikit offerings.

May I suggest that if anyone wants an objective viewpoint of the quality that Replikit provide then they get one up to GVN in Chiswick (universally accepted as being the dog's when it comes to work on the supra) who will be able to tell anyone interested how good it might be and the amount of work required to fit it

(Bearing in mind that they ALL need some work)

This might also assist a great deal in the next application :)

Everyone happy...

May I suggest that if anyone wants an objective viewpoint of the quality that Replikit provide then they get one up to GVN in Chiswick (universally accepted as being the dog's when it comes to work on the supra) who will be able to tell anyone interested how good it might be and the amount of work required to fit it

(Bearing in mind that they ALL need some work)

This might also assist a great deal in the next application :)

Everyone happy...

GVN would not even partake in quoting me on a Trial fitting - every message I left was just ignored, and the one and only time I did manage to speak with Gerald, he never came back to me

:(

He just mentioned the bad quality copies available, and this was after I managed to obtain prices from both Supradibbs and keron on supplying one

Both these copies come recommended from the feedback I've read, but I just got fed up with GVN's lack of interest and called it a day on that front.

I'll probably give it another go in 2009!

:D

hmmm dilema, is there a member near us who wouldnt mind coming down to have the bumper fitted to the car? we are located in sawbridgeworth near Harlow, Essex. As we stated in our trade application, we just want a chance to prove ourselves to the supra club, if we're not up to scratch then slate us all you want but all we want is a chance to prove to you guys and gals that 1) our bumpers fit extremely well and 2) the quality is far superior than others on the market.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.