Stuliet

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys,

What type of power gains were you able to achieve with this intercooler? I've read through the previous pages, as well as heard positive reviews about the CW SMIC. I'm looking to go single soon and want to either use the stock SMIC, or upgrade to this. I have an active spoiler fitted and want to keep it, so no FMIC for me.

Hi Guys,

What type of power gains were you able to achieve with this intercooler?.

compared to?

I've read through the previous pages, as well as heard positive reviews about the CW SMIC. I'm looking to go single soon and want to either use the stock SMIC, or upgrade to this.

did I read this correctly? by any chance is your stock SMIC brand new, if not, then there is loads of info on this subject already covered that should give you the answers that you are looking for.

Let me rephrase. Has anyone ever used the CW intercooler with a single turbo setup? In addition, how's the performance gain compared to a FMIC kit that Supra owners usually go with when upgrading to a single turbo?

Do a search, its been covered already.

hint - Wez is running a single setup with a CW SMIC. I will be very soon too.

There are several people running my SMIC's with single turbos. IMO, but without expensive laboratory standard testing to back it up, a good side mount I/C with the factory ducting installed in a factory bumper will outperform a lot of much larger frontal area FMIC's that have no proper ducting. The SMIC set up has perfect ducting, sensible duct entrance size, and vents into a low pressure region. It takes a LOT of beating. I make no claims as to how many BHP more the things may give, over a new stock Toyota one, as I am unwilling to pay for expensive testing for such a low volume, low margin product.

The bigger holes and the tiny holes are there for the stock spire clips, they just unclip from the original unit and click into the new one. The tiny holes locate the tangs on the spire clips to stop them moving more than designed. They used spire clips to allow some adjustment and "float" in the location, two tapped threads would not allow any movement or adjustment, so I just specified following Toyotas design there.