The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Single Conversion Finally Complete

Steve

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Steve, you should be very proud of your work. Looks like there are quite a few of us, very close to getting back on the road with some pretty impressive specs.

Thanks Phil.

Its just sitting in the garage now till the MOT is done then its straight down to Ryan for mapping. Cant wait :D

how much do you think you have saved doing it yourself instead of a garage doing it for you?

At a rough guess with the fitting of the Single kit, clutch, making/fitting of the fuel lines, fitting of gauges etc i reckon i have saved approximately £2000 in labour.

At a rough guess with the fitting of the Single kit, clutch, making/fitting of the fuel lines, fitting of gauges etc i reckon i have saved approximately £2000 in labour.

Not only that, its more satisfying knowing you`ve done it yourself and if there`s any problems you know where everything is.

Just to wanted to add to this to say thank you to Ryan for coming along today and getting the car running much better, i can now safely drive it to get the MOT done and then down to Surrey Rolling Raod to get mapped fully :thumbs:

Was also nice to meet Wez for the first time. Hope to speak again soon :)

Went down to SSR today for some mapping with Ryan. From memory we had 400bhp on the wastegate spring (0.6bar), so then we were increasing the boost, got to 1.0 bar ok, we tried for a 1.4bar pull, but the Tial Wastegate spring wasnt strong enough to hold the boost, so kept dropping off :(

In the end we stopped at 550bhp, which is still very healthy :D

Just need to get hold of a 1.0bar spring for the wastegate and go for a final setup/run.

I just love the sound of it, its awesome :ecstatic:

Thanks Ryan for doing a great job with the mapping, the car is now so smooth to drive, will be good to see how much more we can get with the stronger spring in :D

Well done Steve, thats excellent news despite the WG issue (which lets face it, is an easy fix)

Nice power figure too, can you post any graphs up?

Most importantly of all, how is it on the road and does it live up to your expectations of power delivery and performance as it is?

Well done Steve, thats excellent news despite the WG issue (which lets face it, is an easy fix)

Nice power figure too, can you post any graphs up?

Most importantly of all, how is it on the road and does it live up to your expectations of power delivery and performance as it is?

My quote of the day ' Its insane' :D

Will scan in the graphs, and post up. Just need some food first :)