The mkiv Supra Owners Club

most interesting fact about the Supra

TrevS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3,191,000 Yen for a manual SZ, 3,291,000 for an auto - no idea what year that was, post facelift though.

At the exchange rate today that works out to be £15,211.65 & £15,686.24 but I have no idea what it would have been back then.

For comparison the price list I'm looking at has the most expensive car, an RZ manual, as being 4,721,000 Yen or £22,493.11

I don't know what the year referred to was either. However in mid 1993, the exchange rate was about 161 to the pound. In mid 1996, it had risen to 168.

So at 1993 exchange rate: Manual SZ= £19,819, auto = £20,440

At 1996 exchange rate: £18,994 and £19,589 respectively.

I think the most interesting Supra fact is that Idi Amin was terrified of shepherds.

Guest Kazimodo

It's a car. a very nice car, better than the contemporay Porker.

All this don't matter, it's all about how you feel about your motor. My MkIII commando is as slow as snail sh1t but I love it, My trident T160 is as reliable as an african election and the Beemer (1200GSA) bike is nearly better than being woken up at 3am for 'I want it now and at 4am I want it again and at 5 am c'mon big boy and at 6am you lazy b@stard.

HTH

Oooops I'm on Kaz's account again :tongue:

Roy - Devils Advocate

What would be the single best fact about the MKIV Supra that would suprise most people?

the question i get asked the most (apart from whats the insurance cost) is how old it is..

..there jaw drops when i say 15 years old!!

and the name, it is supra.. above every thing, the best:d

lol didnt see blackies post

You can drive around for weeks and be lucky to see 1 Supra.

Cars I've seen in the last 6 weeks: -

TVR - 3

Ferrari - 3

Lamborghini - 2

Supra - 0

Also, I think that the styling alone has to put the Supra in a very elite category. When it was released, IMO the design was years ahead of its time

You can drive around for weeks and be lucky to see 1 Supra.

Cars I've seen in the last 6 weeks: -

TVR - 3

Ferrari - 3

Lamborghini - 2

Supra - 0

Also, I think that the styling alone has to put the Supra in a very elite category. When it was released, IMO the design was years ahead of its time

Indeed it was way ahead of its time and it has taken time for other sports cars to catch up...

Even a standard 6 speed / auto J-spec / UK TT Supra can give up to date sports cars a run for their money...:)

Also Toyota didnt go 'cheap' on the Supra, everything was made to the best standard it could be, hence why the Supra has such amazing reliabilty, driveability,

tuneability and a power hungry machine which loves abuse! :D

I mean, i have standard Recaro seats, REAS suspension, CF steering wheel...all that alone works out over 2k + :)