The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Update: Distress is wayyy over!

Bubbly Bozo

Urrmmm u saying I've never drove one b4! Dumbass!

you're not exactly covering yourself in glory here. a supra for anyone is a handful at times, back end can snap at anytime etc. not saying you couldnt drive it but it's more of a handful than something with say a couple of hundred less bhp.

and sorry to say, i don't think you're excuses for failing a few of your tests are that good

driving too close to a parked car - bit harse but again, you have to expect the unexpected etc, doors opening, stupid kids steppin out from behind parked cars.

also, nothing wrong with someone doing a U turn around a roundabout - its a roundabout isnt it? also, if you were keeping your distance then it shouldnt of been a problem should it?

not being alert at 8am during your monday test - being half asleep at the wheel of a supra is not a good idea!

and again, laying into jake who's one of the more respected and helpful members on here (as well as being a sarcy git :D ), isnt gonna do you any favours

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope this thread is a wind up.

The driving test is not that difficult. I have taught quite a few people and they all passed first time. But then that is the easy bit being a good driver takes time.

I went from 210 bhp to 320bhp and the difference is huge, I was glad I had experience of what I thought was a high powered car. With over 500,000 miles behind me the MKIV can still be a handfull at times. A lot of drivers with experience of relatively high power cars have lost it in the MKIV within a few weeks of ownership.

Get some experience of a few cars after your test, build up some road experience, you will enjoy the MIKV far more. Save the difference in insurance premiums and add it to your MKIV fund.

I've had enough of this crap. *PLONK*

WTF is happening to this BBS? It's no wonder most of the Tech guys have stopped answering posts and a lot of the long standing members haven't renewed their subscriptions (apart from Eyefi who just re-registers under a new ID)

Michael Canny was right : 'The Maxers Are Nigh'

WTF is happening to this BBS?

i know what you mean mate. Paul R etc were sayin they were sick of it, full of bitchin these days. i remember when i first came on here and the only real moanin was the whole Paul L saga. now it's happening all the time.

at least this thread was entertaining enough to put off goin to bed. hang on a minute, no it wasnt. night people.

LOL!

I kinda miss Paul R, he was one of the good guys. Oh well, things move on. I'll be around for a while yet but only 'cos I've paid for another year and I'm in front of a PC all day anyway. The type of new members the Supra seems to be attracting, like the OP of this thread and 'Choppa', well TBH I don't want to help them have a Supra....

LOL!

I kinda miss Paul R

haha i dont, not after bein in the car with him after he'd had some sort of spicy food the night before! :blink:

nah i'm still in touch with him, he's almost finished rebuilding his Mr2, he's got himself a WRX as well but he's gonna get another supra soon i think. don't expect to see him on here anytime soon though!

ive paid another years worth on here, not too sure if i'll renew again if it keeps goin like it does. used to be good to read some tech stuff, have a laugh of some sort (usually at whitesupraboy2s expense) and buy/sell parts too :innocent:

it's a bit different now like! anyways, im really off to bed now coz im fucked!

Hey Guys

Well firstly let me say thank you for all your kind and sometimes cheeky replies

:twak: . £4000 for insurance is obscene so I am going to look into Celica's (I just want a big car!) or the baby MGF :tongue: (someone said however that these cars are for old woman trying to retain their youth) so thats kinda put me off. I have my 7th yes 7th! driving test on Tuesday and am learning in a respectful clio :eyebrows:. Maybe I should just buy a rear wheel drive Supra Twin Turbo and go mad! Yeahhhhhhhhey wooo hooo !! U only live once so what the hell :read:

i think my step sister took at least 6 tests to pass but then passed her hgv class 1 first time. :rolleyes:

I've had enough of this crap. *PLONK*

WTF is happening to this BBS? It's no wonder most of the Tech guys have stopped answering posts and a lot of the long standing members haven't renewed their subscriptions (apart from Eyefi who just re-registers under a new ID)

Michael Canny was right : 'The Maxers Are Nigh'

PLEASE TELL ME THIS WHOLE THREAD IS JUST A BAD DREAM

Jake...u nasty NASTY peice of work you lol. When i first had a MkivSupra...which was many moons before you I guess...no one knew sod all about them then...as they were too expensive and people just dropped them off at Toyota for servicing as I did with my first 2 year old UK spec (was still under warrenty when I bought it)

....I didn't give a shit what happened under the bonnet then...as most people who buy Ferrraris/Porkers have the same attitude too...just loved driving it all over Europe..I feel that the opposite has happened ok they are cheaper now but therefore more people are more likely to do their own maintainance these days and in that respect I have found a lot more knowledgable people around on hand than when you and me found this BBS two years ago...you are reletively new to Supras Jake by most counts from what I understand, and guess you dont like Women or people under 25 owning one!!!! or have I misunderstood you...?

Jake in real life you are a really nice quiet polite gentleman...on here people would invisage a Male chauvinist hooligan which you are not...shame your BBS persona does not reflect the real Jake that most of us have met and like...you big fluff ball he he. (u are well funny though)

:hug:

Welcome to The site Bubbly Bozo....

It would be too easy to snuggle up under the bullyboy umbrella and slag you off...(but im better at being funny at my own expence!!!)

I had a mate who took 7 attempts to pass he now has a Race licence and is an advanced driver too..so there you go.

I blame your instructor...get a new one...he/she is crap not you....cars well I think the Honda Prelude 2.0 or 2.2 V-tec might be a good first time jap car with 4 wheel steer piss easy to handle, but tbh I agree with the others just get a small FWD car and get some experience behind the wheel for a year or so, its best to make mistakes in a shit car rather than get the car of your dreams and stack it straight away...

Good Luck and welcome....

Si

Supra Owner for 7 years both UK and Jap Spec (007 Licence to Drive lol)

:innocent:

And if this thread is a wind up then bollox...good excuse to explode....IM an EX SMOKER REMEMBER

Edited: coz i put down for woodwork instead of English!!!!

:cool: Edited again at request of Nic thanks for the spelling lesson boot build on its way he he

This thread is hilarious on multiple levels. So many people on different agenda's, wavelegths, points of view - all colliding in one place often produces these kind of results.

Jake - you are funnier than I gave you credit for - kudos!

J

What a funny thread this has turned out to be!! On a serious note, if you do get a Supra please can I have 1st refusal on the following parts when they become available:

1. Centre dash section (assumed still in tact)

2. Front seats if Recaro

3. Carpet if black

4. Oooohhhh and the foamy tool holder bits in the boot

;)

What a funny thread this has turned out to be!! On a serious note, if you do get a Supra please can I have 1st refusal on the following parts when they become available:

1. Centre dash section (assumed still in tact)

2. Front seats if Recaro

3. Carpet if black

4. Oooohhhh and the foamy tool holder bits in the boot

;)

;)

I'm moving this to chit chat.

Bubbly Bozo. Please think before you post, the forum does have rules and so far you've broken most of them. You've read the terms and conditions and 'agreed' with them when you signed up so please do that. We actually have better things to do with our time than chase round after you and we won't do it forever, believe me.

All of you try and refrain from the swearing stuff in the public area please :thumbs: