The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My secret Supra project

dibbleyuk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the great replys guys, Im running the 5 speed box it seems to be fine first and second seem abit short but once its in 3rd it pulls like a train!

I found the conversion quite easy, if you know the basics about cars it helps otherwise you would probably end up with problems :)

Im insuring it as a modified NA with a TT conversion, Greenlight seem very good for this and gave me a great quote its actually £200 cheaper than my renewal from sky on the car when it was an NA :blink: sky was only offering TPFT where greenlight will do it fully comp with everything declared so thats awsome :D

Im running the 5 speed box it seems to be fine first and second seem abit short but once its in 3rd it pulls like a train!

Well done!

Have you an LSD? What about the TTauto lsd, lower gearing than the NA?.

Could you list the other parts you needed to do the conversion?

Have you had to change the fuel pump and the ECU ?

great read. well done to you bet you got great satisfaction doing it yourself too.

hes prob changed the fuel pump as its now bpu+ and the ecu has to be changed as well.

you have done a good job mate,looks very smart in your car and you have done the right thing doing the performance mods at the same time!

you can now give daman a run for his money :innocent:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks sweet mate, good work...

note to self.. must put money in to "go" and less show..

will have to have a good look next time i catch up with you mate..

well done, enjoy it!!!!

you still got Nos on it as well?

I havnt had it fitted to the new engine mate, I dont want to kill it lol

Fair enough mate, just didn't know if you had stripped it out as you had that build in the boot if i remember..

May be up for modded.. if there is a few of us like last year it would be worth it just for the laugh!!

only pointers

a) dont get a pitch next to the monster trucks

b) don't spent too long cleaning your car while parked next to the monster truck as when they do a demo dust goes everywhere

c)dont pay £8 for a Burger

d)i know a tent that serves cold beer and its only £8 to get in ;)

Car looks the nuts now though fella.. saving to go the tt conversion myself... may be a wile though... but it will happen!!:eyebrows:

• 1 year later...
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/dibbleyuk/28052008346.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/dibbleyuk/28052008348.jpg

It took 9days from start to finish and all i can say is its awsome im so happy with it and can not wait untill my 21st birthday now bring on july 11th.

Had a good insurance quote aswell so cant get much better.

u have the w58 5spd gearbox? or did u get the getrag 6 spd gearbox?