The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Picking up my new Supra tomorrow

Jake

Just got home with it. Seems like a good car. Still got the 112mph limiter on and the speedo is still in KHM. The Odometer is actually on 55,000 Kms so that's about 34k miles.

The body work needs a bit of love. Having lived in London for the last 10 years it's got plenty of small dings here and there but nothing I can't get sorted out, hopefully.

In addition to the UK brakes and OE Toyota CD player I was pleased to find it also has elec flippy mirrors.

It needs a good clean and general tidy up but here's a few snaps, as promised.

Looks great Jake! Welcome back to Supra ownership...lol...:D ;)

Question though, who's Gunmetal Supra is that in the background??

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:shock: :shock: You have grabbed the bargain if the century!

Nice one;)

The owner, a Mr Yokoyama, moved over here from Tokyo ten years ago and bought the Supra straight away. He's had it ever since. But he's sold up now and is flying back on Sunday to live in Japan again, so he needed a quick sale.

Looks great Jake! Welcome back to Supra ownership...lol...:D ;)

Question though, who's Gunmetal Supra is that in the background??

Welcome back? I haven't been without a Supra since March 2003 mate :thumbs:

The grey one on my drive is the RZ Auto mentioned in my Sig.

Welcome back? I haven't been without a Supra since March 2003 mate :thumbs:

The grey one on my drive is the RZ Auto mentioned in my Sig.

Oh sorry mate, there i was thinking that you didnt have a supe...hence why you bought another Supra...

Nice Gunmetal Supe you have there Jake...:D ;)

We also now have a pic of the M3's bumper being held on with bungee cords ;), does the other beemer belong to the missus?
The bungee cords do a pretty good job of securing the bumper actually. The whole thing slides on and off, if you can stop it sliding backwards it shouldn't come off, hence the bungees :)

I wouldn't like to test it at my usual speeds though.

The other Beemer is the one Pig has sorted out for me until the m3 is fixed.

So now you have an Auto RZ, an M3 and now another supra (which from what you've said seems like a corker)

Are you going to do anything with this one modification wise or is just a spare?

I think I'll just tidy it up as much as possible. Would be a shame to modify one of the few black 6sp TTs left.

I want to get rid of the caravan style foglight and I'm planning on fitting an active front spoiler and maybe some stock leather seats but I don't want anything non-original on it - ie nothing it couldn't have come with from the factory.

I think I'll just tidy it up as much as possible. Would be a shame to modify one of the few black 6sp TTs left.

I want to get rid of the caravan style foglight and I'm planning on fitting an active front spoiler and maybe some stock leather seats but I don't want anything non-original on it - ie nothing it couldn't have come with from the factory.

Definetly agree with you on that (I know, I know this coming from a veilside owner :D ) Just get some nice OEM bit's and bobs.

Guest mattsupra
I don't get it, it's all very well having a stock supra, but after years of owning modified supras with all the benefits that mods can bring, what is it exactly about the stock car that has made you go out and get one?

probably due to the fact of him having such cars etc and to have a stock one is something different

ive had modified cars for yrs and its great getting in something normal and no modded tbh

probably due to the fact of him having such cars etc and to have a stock one is something different

ive had modified cars for yrs and its great getting in something normal and no modded tbh

I always thought the whole point of modding cars is because stock ones are boring, dull and slow. Modding means you can make it exactly how YOU want it and not like all the other mass produced factory cars

I don't get it, it's all very well having a stock supra, but after years of owning modified supras with all the benefits that mods can bring, what is it exactly about the stock car that has made you go out and get one?
Dunno really. It was a bit of an impulse buy.

I've always fancied a stock TT6, just to see what they are like. A bone stock black one is a future classic IMO, shame it's not a UK spec too, that would be perfect.

If you ever end up selling it Jake, please let me know! A standard J-spec TT6 is a very rare car.....
Will do mate. :)

Nice find! That's a crazy price!

I've had 4 new messages about my car today/yesterday, this thread's been good publicity for me :)

Excellent! :D

Yours look great. Tastefully done.

Guess there are so many chavved up cars around it is sometimes good to have something different......and in this case believe it or not....a stock supra would be that somethind.....:innocent:

Looks like a nice one Jake, a bloody good price that. The one posted earlier in the thread was a cracker too.