The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Flames out exhaust

Jellybean

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UK's with a vent to atmosphere DV fitted should do it when double decatted with a decent exhaust system.

when i come off full boost mine gives almost a very quiet "pop"/rumble noise which does sound to me like it could be a lick of flame... but im always in the car so cant tell :p

I was under the impression that the only way flames come out of the exhaust is if there is unburnt fuel in there. If your're not running a big power set up that is supposed to over fuel to say try and keep temps down in the pistons then, or Antilag (which is turbo homicide) i'd say you car was playing up if i saw it doing that

A properly mapped single or anycar shouldnt overfuel to the extent where there are flames popping out the exhaust, the 'overfueling' only occurs under high load to prevent detonation as combustion temps rise

Oem cars overfuel to start with

A properly mapped single or anycar shouldnt overfuel to the extent where there are flames popping out the exhaust, the 'overfueling' only occurs under high load to prevent detonation as combustion temps rise

Oem cars overfuel to start with

so why do high performance car's do this then? Spending 50 - 180k I would expect it to be mapped properly

Any turbo car can be mapped to make flames on the over run, whether you want to deliberately do this is a different matter. Excess fuel in the right map area with retarded ignition will do it. With fuel costs as they are do you really want to do this?

Uh...NO! lol...:D

• 1 month later...

resurrecting an old thread but I think flames are v.cool coming out of an exhaust when on the loud pedal (so long as its not due to a flame kit but raw brute power).

I didn't realise BPU supes generally dont flame

I was looking forward to it as well. :(

so where can u get that beer r kit or what ever its called from?

my mates s14 used to back fire and a huge pop when he changed gear as the dump valve went off, sounded nuts :)

I've read quite some bad things about the Bee-R rev limiters...

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/driftworks-shop/17169-bee-r.html

And also:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/54297-do-bee-r-revlimiters-cause-problems.html

they are good fun but i realy dont think turbos like them lol my engine wasnt to well when i got it fitted and within a few days the head gasket had went now my supra had over 115000 mile on it but the bee r properly put the full stop to the engine haha but alls good as i needed an excuse to get it rebuild :p