The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra diesel

Guest veg oil man

The problem with modern high performance diesel engines is that I doubt very much it will run reliably on modern fuel with an increased content of Bio in it (problems are occurring already). There are a host of issues with bio that fuel injection equipment cannot cope with either short term or long term. Fuel temperature and lubricity are just two of the concerns that spring to mind.

Either the fuel has to digress (mineral only) or the fuel systems and subsequent performance will have to.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest veg oil man

its not a modern engine mate, 1992 16 years old. It has a few TRD bit and bobs and lots of boost and extra fuel (100% used filtered veg oil)

Its done the last 15k miles on veg oil in a Toyota Hilux, it now time for a sports car to use all this power on the track/road :)

Guest veg oil man

there is no duty to be paid on the first 2500 litres of bio fuel used per person per year :)

they changed the ruels last summer

sorry to hijack but I wouldnt mind having a LPG conversion, aslong as I can have the lpg cap hidden some where, It came to mind if possible... If i had a trial rear end, where the diffusers are have it put in one of them and painted to match the lower part of the bumper ie black, then that way it would be hard to see but i wasnt sure if that would work or behind the reg plate, then have the reg on some sort of hindge so you can lift it up or just have the reg on magnets?

All in all if its possible to switch from lpg to petrol so you can have power back for spirited runs then i would be all for it, I was under the impression that with lpg been around 105 to 115 ron that it should run a little better?

also in 6 years its gone from the 30 mark to 60 mark so it hasnt raised that much and its sapped up from the north sea so shouldnt increas in cost's at a quick rate.

only down side its about 2k for a decent conversion :( but least you get £20 off tax lol?

Lew.

You need to speak to GSW on the aristo forum. He gets more power from his lpg converted aristo than on petrol and at a fraction of the cost.

Guest dangerousandy

I'd love to see some pics of this engine!!!! (yes I am sad) This is such a good idea, I wish i thought of it!! BTW I didn't know TRD did bits for the Amazon!!!

I have an LPG Jeep Grand Cherokee (ok, not a sports car but I need it for the dog and its fun off road).

The power from petrol is better than the power from the LPG, and around town LPG sucks mpg wise. On the motorway it isnt bad, but made up by the cheapness of the LPG.

I know someone who LPGed his Soarer, but it was the V8, if someone has LPGed a Supra TT or an ariso then I would be intrested in knowing more.

What aristo forum is he on?

And finally, if you do use the Supra auto box you can get a suprastick to run the ecu I think. I have one on my Soarer and it runs it fine. Switchable between auto or manual.

Guest veg oil man

I make my living from collecting oil, dirty job with lots of lifting, pumping stinky liquids, etc. but i pays bloody well hense why i fancy a toy or 2 that burns the stuff :)

I already run my van on it and couple of other cars, but i dont make bio diesel I use the oil just I fillter it first. There is 1000's of tons of the stuff still going down the plug hole every year! all of which could be used as fuel.

its not only engines that burn this stuff, I have my house and work shop heating and power running on it :) No more gas or electric bills makes a big difference on top of no fuel costs with driving, I'm surprised not many others are at it yet rather than the silly windmills you see that just about power a fridge!

I'm going to look at a Supra tonight, its a NA with a buggered engine so should be cheap i guess

I make my living from collecting oil, dirty job with lots of lifting, pumping stinky liquids, etc. but i pays bloody well hense why i fancy a toy or 2 that burns the stuff :)

I already run my van on it and couple of other cars, but i dont make bio diesel I use the oil just I fillter it first. There is 1000's of tons of the stuff still going down the plug hole every year! all of which could be used as fuel.

its not only engines that burn this stuff, I have my house and work shop heating and power running on it :) No more gas or electric bills makes a big difference on top of no fuel costs with driving, I'm surprised not many others are at it yet rather than the silly windmills you see that just about power a fridge!

I'm going to look at a Supra tonight, its a NA with a buggered engine so should be cheap i guess

does the smell not get around, like stink the house out, if your using it for heating aswell as your car does it make you smell of chips? I would worry about smelling like a chippy but if it doesnth then its a fantastic idea, what do you have to do to run on it? I was told filter it 2x burn it to get rid of some chemical then add terps?

Lew.

does the smell not get around, like stink the house out, if your using it for heating aswell as your car does it make you smell of chips? I would worry about smelling like a chippy but if it doesnth then its a fantastic idea, what do you have to do to run on it? I was told filter it 2x burn it to get rid of some chemical then add terps?

Lew.

Does any house with oil heaters smells with red diesel? :rolleyes:

What aristo forum is he on?

Here you go Andy

http://clubaristo.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14048

http://clubaristo.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12982

http://clubaristo.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12627

http://clubaristo.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16219

http://clubaristo.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11504

....if you do use the Supra auto box you can get a suprastick to run the ecu I think. I have one on my Soarer and it runs it fine. Switchable between auto or manual.
I don't think it will work on the JZA80 because it has electronically-controlled line pressure, not cable-controlled. Edited by garethr (see edit history)

Guest veg oil man
Curious as to what's needed to convert a central heating boiler that runs normal domestic fuel oil to run on veggie, is it straightforward? I'll help where I can with the Supra power unit swap, but diesels are not my forte at all. Cheers

I have one of the oil boilers with a green 1000 litre tank in the garden, It's just got a different injector fitted to run on veg oil. There is no smell round the house or any difference to your heating, and the 1000 litre tank lasts so long!

thanks for the offer on help i will remember that :)

Went to see one tonight, think it had been in a smash on the rear end at some point so i walked away. one of the rears tyres was bald on the out side to as if it was leaning on it

• 1 month later...

sounds like a good idea, not sure id like the noise, but if it goes then it goes :)

i did see (on the gadget show i think) a machine that made bio diesel from old cooking oil but it was that stuff with the killing ethenol in that easts seals, pumps, mate runs his import shogun on oil, very funny when he wheels a trolly full out of asda and starts putting it in the tank, he does put a bit of diesel in to though

Ok so can i run my heating from it? Currently using oil? Can you tell me how much it is? and can you supply?