The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JDL kit gone crazy

richard cash

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mattsupra

good to hear from you again on this as we are all waiting for the pics when its done (or at least the bodywork side) and painted as i think it will be ok and as what you want it to be so if no one else likes it, its due to all of us having different tastes

makes the world a better place i think

matt

unfortunatly i have mislayed my card reader to allow photos from my phone onto my PC. I need one by the weekend so if its not turned up ill buy one and then i can upload some pics

but to let you all know, the shape on both sides is there now. The passenger side is complete upto final coat of filler. Just needs the top edge smoothing and then the dolphin glaze prior to priming. The drivers side has the first coat of filler on it. I Hope to complete upto the self levelling putty by saturday, and then leave until monday until priming it all.

• 1 month later...

I think we need to consider that even though what he has designed it utter cr&p, and he / she now has a bix box for a rear arch, the finish is very good. i can only presume the guy that sprayed it did a good job of his own with the prep working and spraying. Just because the finish is good, it still hideying the scandal underneath

hiya everyone, sorry for the lack of pics but its far from finished yet. My boyfriend has decided to redo the rear arches as they are much too sharp and it just looks like a big bloody ledge. he wants to smooth them right down so they curve down to the petrol cap. hes after a much softer edge like the top secret kit or BRS one. I just want my bloody car back though.

Anyway, once the rear arches are redone, the spoiler is removed or replaced and the wheels are on i promise to post the pics

bro you have wrecked it. trust me the jdl kit is not simple. i have the full jdl kit on mine and it took ages. the amount of fibre glass needed!!! i see that your going with the top secret look and im telling you now it wont work with the jdl rear arches and bumper. the jdl kit looks good all in one piece trust me. have a look at these pictures of when i done mine. getting the kit on was hard as hell as it needs a lot of modification. its not a plug and play kit. also the foam your using, it will fall apart. turn to dust and then when somebody just touches the arches they will crumble in. if you wanted to go for the huge wide look use sheet metal. the foam will give you problems and to be honest your seriously looking for huge man hours to make the back end look straight and flush. anyways check these pics.

Image017.jpg

Image029.jpg

Image030.jpg

Image031.jpg

Image032.jpg

Image043.jpg

Image044.jpg

Image045.jpg

Image047.jpg