The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stripped for respray today

Pig

Doors and tailgate now off, bonnet to go.

Everything is now primed and ready to go apart from the doors and shuts. Will be painted at the end of the week ready for a mad refit this weekend and next week along with polishing and having the paint protection similar to armour fend fitted. :)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...having the paint protection similar to armour fend fitted. :)

Interested in this Jon; I don't have much experience/exposure to cars that have had this done, but someone on here posted up that they wish they hadn't as the 'edge' is very easy to see; I've noticed that on a few cars I've seen - have you found a better solution?

I'm also never sure how polished & shiny a car can be with this stuff on, Vs without?

Is that rust?

Nope, stopped, it filles any extra deep chips that didnt come out with the prepping. I assume you mean the red bits?

Interested in this Jon; I don't have much experience/exposure to cars that have had this done, but someone on here posted up that they wish they hadn't as the 'edge' is very easy to see; I've noticed that on a few cars I've seen - have you found a better solution?

I'm also never sure how polished & shiny a car can be with this stuff on, Vs without?

No solution, a company phone the bodyshop offering a free demo. I took it :innocent:

I will still have a line, but TBH i dont think there is any other option as paintwork is so expensive and i drive right up peoples arses when racing or 1 day at marham car ruin a bumper.

Ill post up links when its done and you can make your own mind up.

Nope, stopped, it filles any extra deep chips that didnt come out with the prepping. I assume you mean the red bits?

No solution, a company phone the bodyshop offering a free demo. I took it :innocent:

I will still have a line, but TBH i dont think there is any other option as paintwork is so expensive and i drive right up peoples arses when racing or 1 day at marham car ruin a bumper.

Looking good Jon...:D ;)

I bet you cant wait till she's done eh?! :eyebrows: :D

Fair enough :thumbs:

She is being sprayed tomorrow morning. Am REALLY excited, all being well she will be done by thurday as im taking her to le mans.

The car is almost ready to be driven into the oven. Just a bit more masking, the dash needs scotching and the door need wet priming.

Guest mattsupra

bout time it was done lol been a while hasn't it

saying that it took the last bodyshop i used 3 weeks to paint my skyline

was a pain in the but to say the least but worth it in the long run ;)

Getting close to finish now then mate :) You keeping the lights? :eyebrows:

Oh yeah! They are not going anywhere for a while :)

bout time it was done lol been a while hasn't it

saying that it took the last bodyshop i used 3 weeks to paint my skyline

was a pain in the but to say the least but worth it in the long run ;)

Its only taking so long because were doing it as a private job.

Now its all go though

Guest mattsupra

Its only taking so long because were doing it as a private job.

Now its all go though

wahooo nice one matey

cant wait to see it done and dusted ;)