The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stripped for respray today

Pig

White White White White White White White White White White White White White White White White White White White White White White White White White White White White White

:D

I do like white

:yeahthat::D

would never have a black car again, show up marks too much.

Lol :D how about White with Black wheels ;)

Am tempted with storm blue with black wheels.

For a respray it would have to be either black, MSB or RSB.

Black would be my choice as its stealthy but RSB would be a good one as well as its so rare.

LOVE monkey shit brown after the car with the massive turbo but a colour change is FAR too much agro and VERY difficult to get it spot on, so a no go imafraid.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks good, how much is all that costing ? really want a full respray on my motor

So far i have bought new bumpers and bumper impact bar and new rear lights. Still need to buy new clips, indicators and dildo's.

so about £500 there.

Paint will be about £400 i think including quality lacquer.

Repairs to the vehicle are £200

Stripping and fitting done by me and a mate. £0

Thats so far, so all in im sure i will manage sub £2K.

Generally my bodyshop charges £4.5K for a full spray (same colour)

dont know if you want to consider it mate but as well as the arial, rear wiper and washwipe i also ditched the high level brake light aswell, i thought theres enough brake lights as it is :D, i like the look and think it really cleans up the back end

I was tempted but we decided it might look a little plain. Have you gone any pics of it with the spoiler on?

I was tempted but we decided it might look a little plain. Have you gone any pics of it with the spoiler on?

just checked my car file mate and i haven't got any rear end shots and the bad boy is tucked up in the garage now, i will take a couple of pics tommorow

That looks proper mean. Jon, you have to put OEM skirts and spats on!!

Does look great. Certainly something i MAY consider once its done.

the only problem is to me it looks like its got a kind of bodykit on it and i shy away from that.

couple of shots of the rear end, bit of a crappy day here oop norf but i found an old pic from sunnier days as well

Looks good. Too plain for me, the badge helps but i dont have a badge and wouldnt want one.

Thanks for putting the pic up though.

Did you know that the UK spec one doesnt work? It has the plug but no wire from the actual light. Strange boring fact for you there.

really?! why would they do that? its not like its any effort to "keep" it connected over the transition from JSPEC to UKSPEC?! very odd yeah

really?! why would they do that? its not like its any effort to "keep" it connected over the transition from JSPEC to UKSPEC?! very odd yeah

Because LEDs were not classed legal for road use in the UK back then.

Can't wait to see the results Jon. :)

Looks good. Too plain for me, the badge helps but i dont have a badge and wouldnt want one.

Thanks for putting the pic up though.

no worrys mate, how about losing the front wash wipes :eyebrows:

you can just see them above the wiper in the black plastic, or changing the ford cortina side indicators for something a little more contemperary, i did enjoy changing colours as it gives you the opportunity to do things different

front 072.jpg

front 074.jpg

Next lot of work was carried out last night. Been coughing up blue and have blue bogeys but all fun and games.

Removal of bonnet scoop

Almost ready for priming but ran out of energy and couldnt be bother to get it all the way there.

• 1 month later...
any more update pics Jon?

Car is nearly fully primed. Took a pic last week but forgot to post it up. Will try to get another one today. Things are going pretty slowly at the moment becuase i have given up doing the prep work myself as its too much like hard work!