The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I reversed into someone!

keancy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, just had a call from the Garage.

She is happy with a repair but.........................................

I got quoted £150 quit for the fix plus the black grill that is also cut into £17 quit

Expensive couple of seconds of not paying proper attention init?

She said if it were her own car she wouldn't have bothered at all but since its a Leased Mobility car (her kid is disabled) she needs it sorting.

On the other hand, new bumper £270 plus spray and fit

Just my luck

I got quoted £150 quit for the fix plus the black grill that is also cut into £17 quit

She said if it were her own car she wouldn't have bothered at all but since its a Leased Mobility car (her kid is disabled) she needs it sorting.

Just my luck

Dont forget the big fuel bill for ragging it for 30 min in your car !!

Just my luck

Good news, i'm pretty sure with these plastic bumpers they "weld" them though instead of filling them.

Can't be 100% sure though.

Scott =op

Dont forget the big fuel bill for ragging it for 30 min in your car !!

Actually I had just filled up with 47 quits worth of Petrol and the needle hadn't moved so no ragging just nice driving ;)

:p

Anja

:spank:

Rich

Thank you for the :spank: but Paul beat you to that belive me ;)

Good news, i'm pretty sure with these plastic bumpers they "weld" them though instead of filling them.

Can't be 100% sure though.

Scott =op

Your right that is what he is going to do with it.

Actually I had just filled up with 47 quits worth of Petrol and the needle hadn't moved so no ragging just nice driving ;)

Thank you for the :spank: but Paul beat you to that belive me ;)

Your right that is what he is going to do with it.

Well if thats the case the owner will never know the difference, if the guys good ;)

I've seen a few bumpers after a repair this way, couldn't tell from the outisde although there is a seam inside.

Scott =op

Yesterday afternoon after a great run in the Supra I was 2 minutes from home and bloody reversed into a Woman behind me.

I was going down the Hill near my place and a car comes from front (to tight to pass two cars) so I stick it into reverse look back and see another car behind me, she starts reversing too and after going back what both of us saw as a big enough gap for the car in front we both stopped. The other Woman coming up the hill went into the gap we created so badly that I still couldn't pass :blink:. So I slap it back into reverse and start going backwards slowly only the other woman didn't have the same idea behind me and I ever so slightly nudged her with my rear.

Only problem was my Exhaust was red hot after the run I just had and cut into her front bumper (plastic) like it was made of butter. :(

I thought ah fu** as it always sounds bad when you hit something, got out and nothing not even a faint scratch on the Supra :D (lucky me).

But this is what I did to her bumper.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff125/keancy70/Car-Damage-1.jpg

Her car is one of those Renault People Carriers with the bumper being the whole front section :(.

What do people think can the gash which is about 2 inches be mended or will I have to fork out for a complete bumper, how much are they??

Haven't involved my Insurance at this point.

Hope it goes well, fingers crossed you wont have to fork out much. She doesnt appear to have been that fussed about it. Pleased its not the precious veil that got hurt. :)

Hope it goes well, fingers crossed you wont have to fork out much. She doesnt appear to have been that fussed about it. Pleased its not the precious veil that got hurt. :)

She hasn't even contacted me again yet, *shrug*

Hi, just thought I'd mention if it's only a third party claim you wont have to pay a bean, though you will have an NCB prejudiced claim on your record.

Ta

How do you mean that??

If I claim their damage but nothing on my own Car I do not pay my excess??

Guest tim_mac

i have reversed into a car b4, was in a nissan navara truck and reversed into a ford focus, my tow bar cracked the front bumper, would have cost about 100 to fix just palmed the lad off with £40 saying it would only be about £30 to fix, i felt quite guilty but oh well!

LOL, the Lady just text me and said the guy at the Garage told her it would cost me £400, he had told me before he spoke to her £150, so clearly she suddenly decided to push for a new bumper.

Either way after Scots informed me I won't have to pay any excess on a 3rd party only smack I will be speaking to my Insurance tomorrow morning. I have full protected NCB, so should be ok.

Right bad news :(

Spoke to my Insurer and Ollie via PM, I will have to pay my Excess no matter what the claim is and my Compulsory one is £500, ouch.

I have also spoken to the guy at the Garage again and it now seems to Ladies boyfriend has insisted they want a new bumper rather then a repair which seems crazy as it's not that bigger damage but I asked them to get a second opinion.

All in all this could get rather messy, cause my Hubby isn't willing for us to pay out on a new bumper but wants a repair done :(

Happy Easter me :cry:

Sh*t sorry to hear that.

Is it only the voluntary excess that gets waived with a 3rd party claim then?

If the worst comes to the worst and you have to fork out for a new bumper could you get the old one and sell it on?

Scott =op

Sh*t sorry to hear that.

Is it only the voluntary excess that gets waived with a 3rd party claim then?

If the worst comes to the worst and you have to fork out for a new bumper could you get the old one and sell it on?

Scott =op

Hadn't thought of that also I am still hoping they will settle for a repair rather then a new one. Reason they want a new one is the car ain't theirs but a lease Vehicle and Mobility Car and they have only had it 2 weeks. They are worried that they will get penalized when they return it if it's not in good condition like.

Also I know if that was me I would want new too though so it's probably going to go that way :(

The joys of Veilside rear spoilers;)

Sorry to here your going to get stung, but they have the right to insist it be repaired where they want and for a new bumper rather than a repair.

They have the right to have the car put back to the condition it was before the accident. I've been down this road with someone insisting they took it to a main dealer for a back bumper to be resprayed and even though it was the same spray shop doing the work it cost me £150 more than if they had gone direct to the spray shop, but they wanted it to show the Nissan invoice in the service record. It sucks, but you can't do anything legally:(

The joys of Veilside rear spoilers;)

Sorry to here your going to get stung, but they have the right to insist it be repaired where they want and for a new bumper rather than a repair.

They have the right to have the car put back to the condition it was before the accident. I've been down this road with someone insisting they took it to a main dealer for a back bumper to be resprayed and even though it was the same spray shop doing the work it cost me £150 more than if they had gone direct to the spray shop, but they wanted it to show the Nissan invoice in the service record. It sucks, but you can't do anything legally:(

Yeah I know not looking great, hopefully I can appeal to their better nature lol.

I need to buy two new tyres fairly shortly too so this couldn't have come at a worse time to be honest :(

May yet have to cancel our road trip on the 12th, we'll see.