The mkiv Supra Owners Club

suped' supra

Twin Turbo 95

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nope not oil cooler... but you mentioned something i didnt think of. thanks.. boost cooler is just a another name for water/methanol injection.

Not a bad idea in warmer climates.

i read that the supra gives a bit more performance if the exhaust cams are a bit bigger than intake.. i have it so ill put it in the faqs section.

post it up so we can read it.

does wasted spark give any power??

nope, the supra in stock form uses direct fire ignition, by converting to wasted spark you are halving the charge time on the coil, this causes issues with the spark not being strong enough, the result is ignition breakup and misfiring.

The AEM ECU converts the ignition system to wasted spark as it doesnt have enough coil outputs, this is why a HKS DLI is required.

the dictator management is used to map everything from timing to boost and fueling.

do you have any links, has it been done on a supra before and does it run in piggyback on the stock ECU?

Ok 8.6 seconds your going to be looking at way over 1000bhp in a supra....im affraid you cant have both, that sort of power in my opinion is for the track only, have you been in a true 500bhp car??

As wez has mentioned, get your research done and it will give you a much better idea of what you are after

oohh no! i dont want a 8 second car! more around 11 or so. yip. been in a 800hp car with nos!

Not a bad idea in warmer climates.

post it up so we can read it.

nope, the supra in stock form uses direct fire ignition, by converting to wasted spark you are halving the charge time on the coil, this causes issues with the spark not being strong enough, the result is ignition breakup and misfiring.

The AEM ECU converts the ignition system to wasted spark as it doesnt have enough coil outputs, this is why a HKS DLI is required.

do you have any links, has it been done on a supra before and does it run in piggyback on the stock ECU?

we use dictator on all the cars we map. but i dont map the cars personally. Cris does that. i phoned my boss just now. they are at tarlton so i can hear anything. but i will let you know about that. will post the info about the cams about the supra now

i copied a small piece...

The stock exhaust ports fail to flow any more air at

about 8mm of lift (0.317"). Increasing high lift flow is the first thing on the

mind of the man holding the die grinder. Still there is not a lot to be gained.

For these reasons, staggered cam sizes seem to work well in the Supra. A

longer duration exhaust cam combined with a shorter duration intake cam can

yield surprising results. Never forget, your cams must compliment the engine.

Part of that is recognizing that valve lift over 8mm on the exhaust only

promotes valve spring failure. For that reason, I don't recommend exceeding

stock lift on the exhaust side. There is no advantage except in the driver's

mind.

here in britain we have a diffrent culture to every one else, we are realistic and truthfull with our dyno figures (except maybe a sunday afternoon in the pub:D), now i am sure i could find a dyno that will give me a figure of 800bhp, but alas it will not make it any faster, you need to try a well setup 500-600bhp car before wasting tons of cash on something undriveable on the roads,

This guys rocks, I don't even know where to start....

900BHP, on a stock clutch, and doesn't want any lag :D :rlol:

lol! yes i want to keep it stock. im not going to do everything all at once on the car. the pistons and rods yes. keeping the stock 2 turbos. im not that stupid to think a 900hp car can have s stock clutch:tongue:

This guys rocks, I don't even know where to start....

900BHP, on a stock clutch, and doesn't want any lag :D :rlol:

i will admit im a newbie at cars and i dont have 50 years experiance(wait till you find out im only 18!!) but i have to start asking questions to leanr everything i need to know. im pretty sure you and the rest on this forum were newbies at cars. and asked a lot of questions. :)

here in britain we have a diffrent culture to every one else, we are realistic and truthfull with our dyno figures (except maybe a sunday afternoon in the pub:D), now i am sure i could find a dyno that will give me a figure of 800bhp, but alas it will not make it any faster, you need to try a well setup 500-600bhp car before wasting tons of cash on something undriveable on the roads,

lol! nope not gonna dump everything i have into the car. im also investing more than half of the money. if i do everything on my list except the huge turbo then i still have more than half of the money to invest.

lol! yes i want to keep it stock. im not going to do everything all at once on the car. the pistons and rods yes. keeping the stock 2 turbos. im not that stupid to think a 900hp car can have s stock clutch:tongue:

Ah ok, so you're going to upgrade the pistons and rods first while you're still on the stock turbos yes?

wait till you find out im only 18!!

I guessed younger.

wait till you find out im only 18!!

That's too fast for an eighteen year old!! I'm 21 this month and don't want a turbo yet, the power would be nice but I don't trust myself, you need to know the car and learn how it reacts to situations before you start pumping power like that through it. maybe after I've been driving the supra for a year i might think about buying a turbo'd one but an 18yo + a 900 bhp supra = ugly crash.

• 1 year later...