The mkiv Supra Owners Club

suped' supra

Twin Turbo 95

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me just clear something up, have you done any research?

Did you wake up one morning and think I want a 900hp supra without looking into it :search:

looks like i didnt do enough. thats why im asking all these questions. nope didnt just wake up and decide on 900hp. always wanted an insanely strong road car

Mate you dont know what you want, get a few rides in some single supras, use the search button, do some research and come back:)

lol! if you can find a supra in this place then your extremely good! i have been in a few fast cars. one being a mild power 2L superboss. 12.4 seconds.

After reading this thread from the start, can I suggest you do hell of a lot of reading and research on this forum, you have contradicted yourself on several occasions throughout the thread purely on lack of experience. If you want a well sorted road car thats plenty fast enough, get your self a stock BPU car for starters and go from there, BPU is not to be sniffed at. If you decide you want more power than a mild single turbo will be more than enough on the road as the guys have said 450-500range is prob about right....a true 900bhp on the british roads is just insanity, it will drive pig rough, get right on your tits and piss you off something cronic at times.

Is the car MAF(UK/US) or MAP(jspec) based?

1000cc injectors

* some 800cc would be enough for this

dictator engine management

* never heard of it, is it a full replacement or piggyback

stage 1 boost cooler

* do you mean oil cooler, if so then yeah good idea

HKS super sequential dumpvale

* should be fine

turbonetics wastegate

* dont have any experience of this, HKS wastegate are good

268 intake cams

* no experience with these, HKS 264 inlet would be ok

278 exhaust cams

* no experience with these, HKS 264 exhaust would be ok

wasted spark

* this is not normally something you choose, if the car is running wasted spark after the ECU swap then a HKS DLI will be required.

clutch

* there are plenty of clutches to support this power but not stock as it wont last long.

good brakes

* yes ;)

Is the car MAF(UK/US) or MAP(jspec) based?

1000cc injectors

* some 800cc would be enough for this

dictator engine management

* never heard of it, is it a full replacement or piggyback

stage 1 boost cooler

* do you mean oil cooler, if so then yeah good idea

HKS super sequential dumpvale

* should be fine

turbonetics wastegate

* dont have any experience of this, HKS wastegate are good

268 intake cams

* no experience with these, HKS 264 inlet would be ok

278 exhaust cams

* no experience with these, HKS 264 exhaust would be ok

wasted spark

* this is not normally something you choose, if the car is running wasted spark after the ECU swap then a HKS DLI will be required.

clutch

* there are plenty of clutches to support this power but not stock as it wont last long.

good brakes

* yes ;)

nope not oil cooler... but you mentioned something i didnt think of. thanks.. boost cooler is just a another name for water/methanol injection.

i read that the supra gives a bit more performance if the exhaust cams are a bit bigger than intake.. i have it so ill put it in the faqs section. ok 800cc is close to my 750cc so 800cc will do.

does wasted spark give any power??

the dictator management is used to map everything from timing to boost and fueling.

Do you want a fast drag car or a street car?

a mix of both.

a car that will haul ass on the road and haul ass at the strip. and heres a lot of POWERFUL 6 cylinder turbo cars here!! heres a 4 cylinder EGI Mazda motor in a 1400 Nissan champ body that did 8.6 seconds!! thats damn fast!!

a mix of both.

a car that will haul ass on the road and haul ass at the strip. and heres a lot of POWERFUL 6 cylinder turbo cars here!! heres a 4 cylinder EGI Mazda motor in a 1400 Nissan champ body that did 8.6 seconds!! thats damn fast!!

Ok 8.6 seconds your going to be looking at way over 1000bhp in a supra....im affraid you cant have both, that sort of power in my opinion is for the track only, have you been in a true 500bhp car??

As wez has mentioned, get your research done and it will give you a much better idea of what you are after