The mkiv Supra Owners Club

3 Supra's/AEM successfully mapped on Miami's dyno last weekend

Guest torque monster

I have no problem at all with Miami-GT, Andy Jnr knows this as he and I have had many chats, I genuinely I wish you guys all the best.

However, unless you are going to elaborate, I don't think it's fair to bash other mappers\tuners - it just makes forum members uneasy. I too have attended EFI U, have had other training on dynos, I work with a very experienced and successful tuner plus I have Fraser Mackellar coming later in the year to give me some 1:1 advanced tuning training, oh and I ask trusted qualified tuner friends the odd daft question :D But I try to refrain from moaning about other tuners. What I have learnt in my short period of time, is that this game is full of egos and backbiting - not something I enjoy or wish to get involved with.

Only the small have to stand on others to be seen.

Looking forward to seeing the before and after prints :)

:goodpost:

Guest torque monster

Wow! Where did that one come from? If you read my post, there's not a hint of a moan or a knock at anyone in anything I have said. I don't do that stuff...we had the opportunity, and you will note that we turned it down publicly on this board, and in the PM's both Andy and I have had.

We are bound to get other mapper's efforts on our dyno now and in the future cos we will have cars on all the time, and I'll assure you that we'll do EXACTLY the same in the future...like the Mona Lisa, sir... with just a wry smile.:taped:

Glad to hear that you guys got the dyno working well and that the input I gave apparently helped regarding the tacho input. I heard a few dyno dynamics owners were baffled by it at first and even Mike was abit shocked. But you live and learn.

One thing that baffles me though is why Andy you do not do all the mapping at Miami GT and get Dimitri across as I thought you had been mapping for a far time?

Do you do the runs in Shoot 6F also?

Be interesting to see the Graphs though as your setup should be very similar to SRR.

Good work on Fish’s car though, I was wanting to map his car as it had big potential but im sure he is happy.

Ryan

I have no problem at all with Miami-GT, Andy Jnr knows this as he and I have had many chats, I genuinely I wish you guys all the best.

However, unless you are going to elaborate, I don't think it's fair to bash other mappers\tuners - it just makes forum members uneasy. I too have attended EFI U, have had other training on dynos, I work with a very experienced and successful tuner plus I have Fraser Mackellar coming later in the year to give me some 1:1 advanced tuning training, oh and I ask trusted qualified tuner friends the odd daft question :D But I try to refrain from moaning about other tuners. What I have learnt in my short period of time, is that this game is full of egos and backbiting - not something I enjoy or wish to get involved with.

Looking forward to seeing the before and after prints :)

Well said :thumbs:

Thats a nice post there Matt :)

Wow! Where did that one come from? If you read my post, there's not a hint of a moan or a knock at anyone in anything I have said. I don't do that stuff...we had the opportunity, and you will note that we turned it down publicly on this board, and in the PM's both Andy and I have had.

We are bound to get other mapper's efforts on our dyno now and in the future cos we will have cars on all the time, and I'll assure you that we'll do EXACTLY the same in the future...like the Mona Lisa, sir... with just a wry smile.:taped:

God post - nice to see a tuner who's not bashing others' efforts. :)

Guest torque monster

Really sorry guys, the owner has paid for the mapping, the dyno time, and he will post up if he chooses. No amount of requests or pleading will change this. Come and talk to us one on one at Miami and we can tell you what is possible and show you generic data, but our customer owns the graphs. Call us old fashioned...yup, that's probably right, Im old and defo old fashioned:thumbs:

Regards

Andrew senior

As one of the 3, the T78, I would just like to thank the team at Miami for the work and help I have been given, after my engine build I had a couple of problems that they sorted very quickly prior to the tuning session with Dimitri. The dyno session was an experience not to be missed and Dimitri is one cool and very nice guy who makes the AEM do its stuff and took the time to explain anything you wanted to know.

So once again many thanks to all at Miami GT, its more like going to a club / meet than a garage, a really good atmosphere.

Andy's feel free to post my graphs, I'd do it but I don't know how.

Cheers Dave

• 6 months later...