The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which car would you choose - SL55, 996TT or 360F1

4leks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go for the Porsche turbo any day, as I see it as a more normal/usable car than those weird fancy things (Ferrari ;)

To be fair a porsche is not a BAD car at all - certainly not performance wise. Its just I personally like to drive something a bit more exotic/unique (unique as in not had the same shape for over 20+ years - lol).

IF I HAD to choose between the 3 I guess it'd be a porsche but I see no point paying the extra for a 996 TT when you could just get any old cheap one and few people will tell or care about the difference (Except yourself perhaps). I'd spend the savings on a GT3 bodykit and debadge the car and get the car clayed to look like new.

To be fair a porsche is not a BAD car at all - certainly not performance wise. Its just I personally like to drive something a bit more exotic/unique (unique as in not had the same shape for over 20+ years - lol).

IF I HAD to choose between the 3 I guess it'd be a porsche but I see no point paying the extra for a 996 TT when you could just get any old cheap one and few people will tell or care about the difference (Except yourself perhaps). I'd spend the savings on a GT3 bodykit and debadge the car and get the car clayed to look like new.

:eek:

I see you're erring towards the Porsche.

Before the discussion's up on the 360, don't make the mistake of investing in an F1. It's a terrible pain in the ass, three friends have had both the F1 and the M/T version, and the former has always been the one that broke down for gearbox issues. You wouldn't want to find yourself with no drive on a shoulderless motorway. :eek:

I've tracked both too, suffice to say the F1 felt much less involved and later discovered when we went home that it was an absolute bugger to park for sake of paddles. Where both won me over though, was how perfect the handling was. Light, positive and confident in direction and camber changes.

Get a Corvette C6 Z06 and I'll even let you give me a £100 for the tip-off.

Cue whiny 'but it's LHD' comments!

they are nice but don't think I can leave wz LHD on every day basis (even I cam from "LHD country" and my first cars were lhd)

With your budget i think you could get RHD one, there are companies here who convert them.

never seen RHD Vette

just googled it - yeap, there are some companies in the UK who does the convertion

but I guess it would be very pricey as well can't be sure what sort of parts they gonna use for conversion

also isurance & maintanace/repairs could become a nightmare after such conversion

• 3 months later...

If you want the most certainty of getting where you are going the SL55 is a good bet. No current Mercedes are a patch on the old stuff though, build quality wise. They have really gone a bit iffy. Awesome car, but huge bills if it goes wrong, however the same goes for the others. The difference is potential for awesome bills is greater for the Porsche and any Ferrari.

I'd initially go for a decent 911 TT although I'd always wish it was a GT2 so would probably end up with a Merc or keep the Supra whilst I save ;)

Fezza is out for me. I've driven a few 360s and couldn't get on with them. Also the horrific cost of something going wrong would scare me into driving like a granny, which would make it even more depressing when something does break.