The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which car would you choose - SL55, 996TT or 360F1

4leks

allthought i doubt u can just walk into a fezza dealership and ask for a spin in a 70k car,hmmmm

deffo not in Supra :D

you could be refused a test drive even if you would pop in 600bhp Single which is obviously quicker than 360 ;)

and u'll defo be refused a test drive from private seller

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I am struggling to find a choice between these for reasons aforementioned, as well as the following;

Porsche is boring, common and unoriginal and it astounds me people keep buying them (most owners would have no idea what a rx7/r34 gtr is but read in autocar its the car to have)

360 is impractical, too flash, too common (it is one of the common ferrari's, like f355's and f430s - baby ferrari = poor mans ferrari, not that i could afford one yet) and not unique enough to be a classic like a testarossa/288GTO etc. and a footballers/lottery winners car (not a good thing in my opinion)

Merc in my opinion has a image of a bit of an old man/middle aged owner (ok if you are 40+, no offence)

I have made some huge statements there and prepares for unslaught of comments. I am entitled to my opinions so there!

:hide:

porsche is boring, fezza is impractical and too common, and merc is for an auld lad, ur hardly easy to impress are you? What do you drive?

lol

supra like the rest of us - was rx7 ironically. Next r34 or corvette c5.:D

Then diablo - not practical but I wouldn't use it as an only car obviously (I hope)- always wanted one of those (With the pop ups!)

Hmm I am struggling to find a choice between these for reasons aforementioned, as well as the following;

Porsche is boring, common and unoriginal and it astounds me people keep buying them (most owners would have no idea what a rx7/r34 gtr is but read in autocar its the car to have)

360 is impractical, too flash, too common (it is one of the common ferrari's, like f355's and f430s - baby ferrari = poor mans ferrari, not that i could afford one yet) and not unique enough to be a classic like a testarossa/288GTO etc. and a footballers/lottery winners car (not a good thing in my opinion)

Merc in my opinion has a image of a bit of an old man/middle aged owner (ok if you are 40+, no offence)

I have made some huge statements there and prepares for unslaught of comments. I am entitled to my opinions so there!

:hide:

i'm surprised but i totally agree with all your statements!

however I can't see much of alternative

V8 Vantage became very common as well & also very slow

Gallardo could also be called baby Lambprghini = poor mans Lambo

old Fezzas like Testarossa are totally unreliable

Murci could be a bit of alternative but we are talking about £120k+ and you can't put more than 2-3k miles per annum

Zondas, CGTs, SLRs, F599s, Apollo Gumpert, Ascari etc are all £250k+ :(

nothing left

p.s. R34GTR & RX-7 as well as NSX have crap interior as well as EVOs & Scoobies

Then diablo - not practical but I wouldn't use it as an only car obviously (I hope)- always wanted one of those (With the pop ups!)

i love diablo, it always was my favourite car (late versions)

however I want the car I can use...at least sometimes :D

i'm surprised but i totally agree with all your statements!

however I can't see much of alternative

V8 Vantage became very common as well & also very slow

Gallardo could also be called baby Lambprghini = poor mans Lambo

old Fezzas like Testarossa are totally unreliable

Murci could be a bit of alternative but we are talking about £120k+ and you can't put more than 2-3k miles per annum

Zondas, CGTs, SLRs, F599s, Apollo Gumpert, Ascari etc are all £250k+ :(

nothing left

p.s. R34GTR & RX-7 as well as NSX have crap interior as well as EVOs & Scoobies

The V8 Vantage is nice, have you drove one? i had a go in one and although not the fastest thing around very nice to drive and such a stunning looking car.

Why not get a ferrari 456?

Looks sophisticted and has 4 seats - not too flash . I seriously considered one and at 30k that's a steal. AND you can get it in auto mode too. I looked at these for a bit.

i looked at it about year ago

now they became very cheap & attractive

however i should say if you seriously considering one - make sure you allow spare cash for maintanance, this V12 cost much more to mantain than V8s

also the whole image of 456 is a bit dated - tipical late 80s early 90s "modern" design

The V8 Vantage is nice, have you drove one? i had a go in one and although not the fastest thing around very nice to drive and such a stunning looking car.

yeap. felt slow after TT

nice car, I love the look...but not sure about the rest

for 40k I would take one, for 60-70k don't really think so

(my missus really wants one but I said her it is too much money for 2-3k miles u do per annum :p)

agree with you entirely 4lek.

You could just wait for the new supra/rx7/skyline? To be totally honest that sounds like the most rational decision. And these cars will never fall into the 'common' bracket for many years most likely.

i deffo gonna be after R35GTR but realisticly speaking I don't think I can get hold of one before 2010-2011

i havn't heard anything re new rx-7

we are all waiting for new supra for at least a year now but it is still not there

agree with you entirely 4lek.

You could just wait for the new supra/rx7/skyline? To be totally honest that sounds like the most rational decision. And these cars will never fall into the 'common' bracket for many years most likely.

It's a good point, but the waiting list on those is going to be huge (from what has been mentioned on other sites), so they might be a possible option if 4leks has time on his side

Mazda released a concept car very recently at a motorshow. Can't be bothered to find pics - sorry, check mazdarotaryclub.com.

Problem with it is it looks way ahead of its time looks wise (like the rx7 did). Not sure it'll catch on... time will tell if it'll become a classic.

Sure it'll change again before release.

I would go for the Porsche turbo any day, as I see it as a more normal/usable car than those weird fancy things (Ferrari ;) ). The SL55 for sure is a usable car but it's not taken long and it's already heading into Hollywood Wives territory like the old one did/has.

Only problem with the porker would be carrying things.. if only it had the bootspace/hatch of the Supra.

It's a good point, but the waiting list on those is going to be huge (from what has been mentioned on other sites), so they might be a possible option if 4leks has time on his side

If I'm not wrong u can put a deposit (maybe "unofficial" one) for R35 by April but the even the price of UK spec is still not confirmed yet & waiting list is already huge

I would rather wait till 2010-2011, see how it goes and buy a second hand one

By the way the pic on the home page was an older concept. IT's been slightly refined since then.

Wish I could find pics, looked but can't find them.

I didn't realise the waiting lists are creeping up already. And yes you'd have to wait so depends how patient you are (And if you like these cars!)