The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which car would you choose - SL55, 996TT or 360F1

4leks

Oh, I'd go for the pretty Porka every time - but that is my personal preference.

Noise wise it would have to be the red horsey though, they do sound lovely, but when can you enjoy that lovely noise in London?

Nah, the Porsche gets my vote, refined, pretty, "spacious", practical, capable - its got it all. Plus you get all that power and hang the engine out the back, sounds like a cracking idea!

i'm wz u

my heart says Fezza, but head says 996 :innocent:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, a guy I worked with blew his life savings on an immaculate, low mileage, FFSH, 355. He said it wasn't the fun he thought it would be because everywhere he went people either bore him to death wanting to talk about the car or else they treated him with contempt for having such a cliché 'status symbol'.

After 2 months of ownership it dropped a valve and cost him 8k to have the head rebuilt. The love affair was officially over at that point.

not surprised

the only thing which 355 has is the looks

it is totally unreliable, not as quick as it should be & very expensive to mantain

nice car to keep on the driveway but not to drive

but i see at least 4 996/997 cars in Leeds everyday so probably a little dull,

yeap

and imagine how many of them u can see in bl*dy London

i have 3-4 normally parked just on my street - not Turbo ones but 99 out of 100 people wouldn't see the difference between 996TT & 996C2

yeap

i have 3-4 normally parked just on my street - not Turbo ones but 99 out of 100 people wouldn't see the difference between 996TT & 996C2

That's coz they are good ;)

yeap

Maybe you should just go and ask your neighbours which car they would be most impressed by. It seems to be the most important thing.

;)

I've driven variants of all 3 and I would go for the merc for everyday. I did drive the V12 one though and loved it. The Fezza is a weekend car only, you cannot use it everyday and the Porka I found to be cramped inside and common, other than the badge on the rear. The merc has a finesse to it with the silence inside and the power still on tap, if you are after an eye catcher you would have to change the exhaust as it is a little bit too quiet. Auto box on the Merc was a little snatchey when cold however.

I might be a little biased however as I drive an ML AMG now, but only as I live in a field in the country.

Maybe you should just go and ask your neighbours which car they would be most impressed by. It seems to be the most important thing.

;)

no, it is not :p bearing in mind that it would even be parked in different place...

Look at the average mailage of a 996, then look at the average milage of a 360. You'd struggle to give away a 360 with the sort of milage people don't think twice about on a Porsche.

Also, read Simon george's EVO coloum about running a Murcielago as his every day car- the costs were *huge*

It'd would be cheaper to buy a 360F1 and a BMW 3 series and run them together than run the F360 on it's own.

I know someone who use 360 as daily car, not a problem. They are quite reliable aparently.

Obviously can not compare it to 996TT

Mate of my Dads used to have a 360 as a daily drive, said he loved all 100k miles he put on it :D He also loved his 575 that he drove into the ground as well, and is now on a 599. Same as any other car I'd imagine - look after it and it'll be fine. I think he likes Ferraris ;)

(The same guy sold his Carrera GT after a fortnight "because it was rubbish" :blink:)

Mate of my Dads used to have a 360 as a daily drive, said he loved all 100k miles he put on it :D He also loved his 575 that he drove into the ground as well, and is now on a 599. Same as any other car I'd imagine - look after it and it'll be fine. I think he likes Ferraris ;)

(The same guy sold his Carrera GT after a fortnight "because it was rubbish" :blink:)

There you go, different strokes for different folks, my advice is go and test drive a few if u can, allthought i doubt u can just walk into a fezza dealership and ask for a spin in a 70k car,hmmmm

There you go, different strokes for different folks, my advice is go and test drive a few if u can, allthought i doubt u can just walk into a fezza dealership and ask for a spin in a 70k car,hmmmm

Not turning up in a Supra you won't ;)

Need to test drive a DB7, roll up and test drive a 911, use that to blag a drive in a 360, then back to the AM dealer for a DB9, off for a drive in a Murcielago. Then you have the fun of returning all the cars afterwards :D

Need to test drive a DB7, roll up and test drive a 911, use that to blag a drive in a 360, then back to the AM dealer for a DB9, off for a drive in a Murcielago. Then you have the fun of returning all the cars afterwards :D

Living the dream......;):D

I always thought to myself, if i ever win the lotto im gonna roll up to an exotic car dealership in my Seat inca van with a pair of trackies on, just to see the look on his face, then whip out the cash :D

Look at the average mailage of a 996, then look at the average milage of a 360. You'd struggle to give away a 360 with the sort of milage people don't think twice about on a Porsche.

Also, read Simon george's EVO coloum about running a Murcielago as his every day car- the costs were *huge*

It'd would be cheaper to buy a 360F1 and a BMW 3 series and run them together than run the F360 on it's own.

I normally do around 10-12k miles per annum max

3-4k out of them are trips abroad

I still can use Supra for short runs as my missus doesn't do more than 2-3k so she wouldn't really need the car a lot

So however I call it daily driver it is not really it as I work from home.

Murci is in different league. I know that 20k mileage on Murci would put a lot of people off. 30-35k mileage on 360 is still acceptable. So if I get something wz 20-25k on the clock it shouldn't be really a problem to sell it wz 35k.

Am I wrong?

Living the dream......;):D

One day, one day.... ;):D

I always thought to myself, if i ever win the lotto im gonna roll up to an exotic car dealership in my Seat inca van with a pair of trackies on, just to see the look on his face, then whip out the cash :D

Why not just try it anyway, without whipping the cash out? Just say that your accountant will be in touch later to discuss the finances as you don't get involved in that side of things anymore ;)

One day, one day.... ;):D

Why not just try it anyway, without whipping the cash out? Just say that your accountant will be in touch later to discuss the finances as you don't get involved in that side of things anymore ;)

Because if he snubs me to death (which he will) id like to pull the cash out and beat him with it, no point in just sayin *yeah i have the money at home, be back in 30mins* and then leg it off in my non turbo 1.9d inca :D